Will you be ordering another “e”?

All Honda E related discussions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Prompted by a recent letter from Honda Finance, suggesting I might like to plan ahead to 2023 and think about ordering another Honda e for when my PCP runs out, I thought I would ask the question. My initial order was a “heart over head” moment, so for me it's an expensive option, which I doubt I can justify, let alone afford. But maybe some of you are considering the option.
I may just have to find the balance, and buy my car outright.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I think one of the main reasons people go PCP is so that they can change car. There might not be so many more new EVs to choose from in the near future however. I bought mine on a whim (spending yet another weekend under neath the 20 year old prelude tackling exhaust bolts will do that to a man), but I don't think I can part with it as there is nothing else like it at the minute. If I had bought it PCP, I'd probably trade up to a bigger EV with more range.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
zemdega

Post by zemdega »

I will have this problem in 4,5 years and I really hope that something interesting will come out in this time. At the moment I don't see any car (that I can afford) that puts a smile on my face every time I approach it. But I'm 99% sure that Honda won't stay with us after 5 year "relationship".
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I guess anyone currently financing a car and with 12 month lead times on new cars at the moment then now seems a good time to make a plan.

I didn’t finance mine & I have no need to replace it or seen something worth replacing it with.
It’s not perfect but then again what car is?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Got around 10 months left on my PCP and fully intending on buying it out. I can't see any reason to buy again based on identical spec (albeit apparently in a different colour). That said there's nothing on the market that's an alt right now, which might change with R5, but that's so far away relatively that not worth worrying about.
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
mckeann

Post by mckeann »

the e is technically the missus car but i've definitely done more miles in it as its such a hoot, and basically free to run.

I dont think she has any plans to change it, but if there was another supermini style hatchback to appear with newer tech and better range then she might be tempted.

I wonder what Honda will do to keep the e up to date with new tech??
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

I was hoping that they would bring out a production version of the Sports EV concept. Doesn't look like that's happening though unfortunately.

I just bought my e with cash so not tied into anything, no idea where to go after it. Perhaps something like the R5 as mentioned above? Won't think about it too much til 2024.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

mckeann wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:44 pm I wonder what Honda will do to keep the e up to date with new tech??
🤔
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

For now, I will stick with my current e. First, let's see how the current Ukraine crisis develops. If I were in the market for a new electric car now, I would definitely put the e at the top of my list again. More ideal would be an e with the battery specifications of the Fiat 500e. So why not the 500e? Because I've seen that model once now. ;) And I too would have liked to have seen a production version of the Sports EV. But who knows what the future holds: "Honda confirms two new electric sports cars as part of E31bn EV plan - https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/electric/honda/" 8-)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Wee Peem

Post by Wee Peem »

I too will stick with mine for another couple of years, it is 2 years old at present. Another one then, definitely if they have increased the battery capacity. the car is such a joy to drive and look at.