I can't charge my car

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
bieboys

Post by bieboys »

Hello Forum,Sorry if this topic has been covered before, I couldn't find it.sorry for my poor english.

I have a 2021 model Honda E. My car does not work with any charger, Authorized services in Turkey could not solve the issue.
Have you encountered a problem like this before? I would be very happy if you can help

Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

You have to give us more details.
Do you have any warnings on the dash?
How are you trying to charge?
DC, AC?
Is the scheduler on or off?
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Remember that the scheduler is the opposite of common sense - you set the times you DONT want it to charge.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Onthecharge

Post by Onthecharge »

Your correct about the charging scheduler it took me a few attempts until the penny dropped.
bieboys

Post by bieboys »

Hello,

thank you for your answers
vehicle's timer is off, ac or dc both not charging. there is no warning on the screen. my car is still at 2400 km.
I charged it twice with a foreign charger, first 90% filled. 37% full on second charge. then it didn't charge in any other way. now i have 0% charge. I bought a domestic financial charging station, The company states that there is no problem with the charger, it is in my vehicle. Authorized services do not look and do not understand because they do not have an infrastructure. I have no choice but to fix it myself.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Does the vehicle acknowledge that there is a cable present? Are there any signs of a "handshake" when you plugin, lights in the charge port or the sounds of pin engagement?
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
bieboys

Post by bieboys »

Hello,
When I plug in the 30w charger it sees the connection. Connected screen appears. When I plug in the charger, the light on the socket flashes red, then goes out. only the power light is on on the charger.
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

30w?
Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

There is a very long thread here about known charging issues and damage to the charging module when using rapid DC chargers or having used tesla chargers which may cause needing the charging module replacing or resetting at an authorised dealer.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1232

There are 2 methods for charging, low voltage AC charging, or high voltage DC charging. Sorry if you know this but they work differently, and one may work where another does not.

a commercial 30kw charger that you mention sounds like rapid high voltage DC charging. You can try slow AC charging but you may run into a problem. The manual for the car only mentions 230v charging. It does not mention 220v

https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/man ... ressed.pdf

I'm not sure what the voltage is in turkey (220?) , but it may be that slow AC will not work at 220v? Perhaps someone else can confirm. Try the 2kw 'granny' charger if you have it. If the voltage is the issue, you could try another source (rent a generator perhaps with 230v? as a test).

What is the history of the car? I presume you have performed all other checks as required (fully charged/replaced the 12v battery which causes trouble) and checked every fuse in the engine and car, as well as inspect for physical damage?
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
bieboys

Post by bieboys »

Hello,
I think I misunderstood the power of the charger. it says 100/240 Volts on the charger. I don't think there is a problem with 220. I think there is a software problem with my car.
It does not accept any charge.

e0831b8e-5d1e-43b1-8969-1601170ef17a.jpg

a8af90d0-bdd4-4aae-91d9-ab461beca04f.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post