Considering ordering. Thoughts on extras?

All Honda E related discussions
Accord

Post by Accord »

So after some thinking - I think it’s time to replace our e-UP with an e. I test drove for the first time to today, and man that car surprised me. Nice and tight, everything felt like quality. I’ve also got an IONIQ, and I’ve driven all the Tesla models - the Honda e is in another class. It’s crazy how much space they’ve been able to free up for the driver. It’s so comfortable!

My daughter laughed in the backseat when I gave it full left and full throttle. The rear wheel is barely moving. This thing is fun!

Auto-parking is a bit clunky - why do a three step turn in a car with such a tiny steering radius? Well, at least it does work though.

I’m in the process of figuring out if I’ll slam the purchase button, and I’m also considering options and extras.

This is what I’ve found so far:
- 17" black rims (I’ll wrap the silver spots)
- Red paint
- Brown leather seats (REALLY difficult deciding if I should)
- Armrest

Then probably the two-way mat for the trunk, and maybe the weather cover for charge port. But all in al these extras really adds up. They charge heavily for the center console illumination etc. So much that I’m considering just purchasing some third party LED’s and wire to the USB charger sources. It’s just way to expensive.

Same with door sills, I’d like them, but I think they’re equivalent to £500 here.

I was thinking about the front lip, but still not sure. IMHO I think it breaks the design up more than I prefer. Not sure. It’s also £600 before install, which would probably add up to the double for a dealer fit.

Thoughts?

zemdega

Post by zemdega »

We didn't had a choice - there was one car that dealer ordered and it was "take it or leave" deal. So we got White Advanced. We love it in white, but it's our thing, all our cars before were white :) I think original 17 wheels are very nice. I like how bare metal parts are making circle when car is moving. Never understood all black wheels. Looks like car is hovering when moving :D Leather is so expensive for such a small car. And fabric seats are very nice. I think leather seats should come with heating and cooling option so you don't burn or freeze your ass every time you get in. And there's no such option as cooling in Honda e. With fabric it's not a problem at all. I was thinking to retrofit armrest but then central storage is not so easy to use so I'm still thinking. All in all I wouldn't spend too much on options as they are crazy expensive.

P.S. I'm not sure but adding extras could prolong production no?!
Accord

Post by Accord »

Delivery would probably take longer - yes, but I’m trying to make the car “mine”. We have both cars in pure/arctic white now, and I’m ready for some sharp metallic paint again.

All black details and no chrome looks great with a bright color, that’s why I want to wrap them. So it looks as close to the limited edition as possible. I’ll probably paint the “Honda e” emblem as well.

I really liked the grey textile interior, but I also like the look of leather on the doors, but I’m not completely sold on leather yet…
I’ve had leather on my S-Class and the IONIQ, but both were perforated with cooled and heated seats.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I wouldn't go for leather. Since the boot is so small, items often end up on the back seats and this would mark the leather.

Get the arm-rest, I can't imagine the car without one.

The front lip is almost impossible to see, I didn't even know I had it or it was an option, it's piano black on piano black, you can only really see it if you bend over in bright day light - not worth having IMO.

The charge port is water proof and has a bucket/drain setup, so unless you are in the north of Scotland and expect it to get compacted up with snow, you probably don't need it.

I wish I had illuminated sills, when the car gets older they will become highly sought after accessories (you should see the price of the Honda prelude optional sill trims!)
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Accord

Post by Accord »

I’m in Norway so I’ll definitely see both snow and a lot of ice, so that’s why I’m considering the protector. As of now I’m charging under roof, but that won’t always be the case.

I usually take the other car if it’s a large object, but I do see your point, the rear of the front seats might get it…

I’ll need to consider the led door sills then, I can probably fit them myself fairly easily.

Does anyone have (IRL) pictures of the brown leather interior? Im afraid it is darker than I want, also I’m wondering how it looks from the rear seats.

I like the simplicity of the grey fabric, but I just can’t decide. Especially because I like how the leather on the doors accents the wood color.

I guess the spoiler is out. Probably just more issues than benefits.
Accord

Post by Accord »

This is the only irl photo I’ve found, and that color looks much darker than the catalog pictures.

CCDEA6B3-E2D3-4AE3-9847-70123433BB99.jpeg

F7F239CD-F7FF-4074-B045-5DA1C10EE4AC.jpeg

zemdega

Post by zemdega »

One of the reasons I went for Honda was a lack of option :D With all previous cars we bought it took me about a month (maybe more) to decide what to get and what I can live without and in the end these options added about 1/3 of the cars price. With Honda it was super easy and even if would like to add something it wasn't an option.
Accord

Post by Accord »

Notice from the configurator;

590F7AB8-5334-4B51-A1CE-702058F4DE90.jpeg

The seat belts are darker than the leather, and the wood and leather is almost the same color.

From the IRL photo the brown leather look way to dark, it does (IMHO) not look good at all.
Accord

Post by Accord »

zemdega wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:15 pm One of the reasons I went for Honda was a lack of option :D With all previous cars we bought it took me about a month (maybe more) to decide what to get and what I can live without and in the end these options added about 1/3 of the cars price. With Honda it was super easy and even if would like to add something it wasn't an option.
It’s one of the reasons I’m looking at the e. Everything is there (except memory seats…)
That was the same with IONIQ as well, I had no options, it was the Premium edition with absolutely everything included + extras and extra winter tires included.

But I’m still trying to make those tiny changes to make it more mine. But spoiler and now maybe leather seats are out. They just doesn’t look like the configurator.
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

The car is already expensive more than it needs to be. If anything, I would remove some of the features that come as a standard to make it cheaper (looking at you digital rear view mirror).

Red paint - yes. It is a rare color and if Honda won't increase the production volumes of the E (doesn't look like it at the moment) it will be a true collectible.

Leather seats - hard no for me. Leather without ventilation is no go. Unless you are planning to have some messy passengers (kids, dogs etc) fabric will last longer (assuming you won't take proper care for the leather as most people do) and feels much better.

Armest - is matter of a personal preference. I don't have it and my driving position never called for one. I can see it being beneficial for long journeys, but lets be real, you are not going for long journeys in the E anyway (this is another reason why I find a cruise control and a lane assist rather excessive in a truly urban car)

17" rims - bigger rims always look better (this is why the concept had 20" rims). The tradeoff is a shorter range and a less smooth ride. I have driven 16" as a demonstration car and then received my 17". Let me tell you, you can feel the difference more than see it visually. I am considering buying 16" when I will need to replace the tires.

Lower front lip is great until it comes to front parking and scratching it on a sidewalk. The car looks great without it and I would rather have the peace of mind when parking. The weather protection... If it is not included as standard for the warranty reasons, then you don't need it for your car to stay in a working condition. I have seen someone on the internet hosing the port without problems. Just make sure there is no ice or snow when you close the lid and it should be perfectly fine.

Remember, you make the car truly yours. You don't really need a bunch of overpriced extras to make it feel more yours :) As long as you love it (as I am sure you will) it will be yours.