My Honda+ App iOS Update: Working as usual?

All Honda E related discussions
RCH

Post by RCH »

Hi everyone. With the latest update v6.0.14 released 7-Jun-23 in the UK iOS App Store, has anyone encountered any (new) problems?

Given the framework/architectural changes in their Version History notes, I’m afraid to update the app. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Verone

Post by Verone »

It's probably going to be better, as they'll be getting it ready for the launch of the e:NS1.

I've heard from the Honda dealer here that apparently the app is finally coming to Iceland with the launch of their new SUV in Q3/Q4.
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

RCH wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:56 pm Hi everyone. With the latest update v6.0.14 released 7-Jun-23 in the UK iOS App Store, has anyone encountered any (new) problems?

Given the framework/architectural changes in their Version History notes, I’m afraid to update the app. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Short answer, loading time is longer, can't feel any improvement.

I had it updated yesterday. One thing I noticed is the moment when I open the app it now shows "Loading Data" for about 7-8 seconds, I thought it will auto refresh the car status before entering the main screen and turned out I still need to manually click the little refresh icon on the top left to get the latest.

Description from App store mentioned new "OS" and there are maybe OS update available but not for Honda e.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

williamchan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 pm
RCH wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:56 pm Hi everyone. With the latest update v6.0.14 released 7-Jun-23 in the UK iOS App Store, has anyone encountered any (new) problems?

I had it updated yesterday. One thing I noticed is the moment when I open the app it now shows "Loading Data" for about 7-8 seconds, I thought it will auto refresh the car status before entering the main screen and turned out I still need to manually click the little refresh icon on the top left to get the latest.
I've never seen it initially respond in less than 7 seconds, so seems like a upgrade to me :lol:
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 8:45 pm
williamchan wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:34 pm

I've never seen it initially respond in less than 7 seconds, so seems like a upgrade to me :lol:
My mistake, I mean it’s additional 7 seconds before we can see the main screen. 🥲
DonJohnsonJr

Post by DonJohnsonJr »

I'm hoping the e:Ny1 release in Europe will mean My Honda+ -app will be made available to more countries, like it was originally promised with Honda e.
hondaeboy

Post by hondaeboy »

Holy moly! The impossible has happened.

Even thought the Honda+ app hasn't worked ever since I got the e in January, and countless useless and downright rude conversations with the European Honda "customer" service in who knows where, I got a notification that the Honda+ app would go down for maintenance tomorrow. Upon opening the app, I saw the interface had changed...AND I was able to log in. For some reason I even got to see the 4 digit PIN code on my dashboard in the car!

This crap app wouldn't be this crap app if it hadn't said the PIN I entered was wrong, because it was supposedly different from the one shown on the screen (which wasn't the case, I entered the correct code). Even though I supposedly hadn't correctly verified the car, the app seemed to work after I restarted it. I wasn't able to add any subscriptions though. Supposedly, I should now go back to the dealer and have the "Core Connectivity" activated for free, even though it is listed for 39 euro in the app. Paying doesn't work anyway. It will look like it's going through, you even have to confirm the payment in your banking app, but then Honda will not actually take the money out of your account or do anything with it. The purchased subscription will disappear from the available options though.

I guess it's...ehm...progress?
2021 Honda e Advance on 16" RC30 wheels with Goodyear 195/55 & 205/55 tyres.
Wrapped in Red metallic with full black and cinnamon leather interior.
RCH

Post by RCH »

Is v6.0.16, updated in the iOS App Store last week, any better? I still haven’t updated the app but am getting sick of manually updating all other apps in order to avoid it!
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

RCH wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:40 am Is v6.0.16, updated in the iOS App Store last week, any better? I still haven’t updated the app but am getting sick of manually updating all other apps in order to avoid it!
Why are you avoiding it? I have always updated mine never had any problem.
RCH

Post by RCH »

Keawon wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:04 pm
RCH wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:40 am Is v6.0.16, updated in the iOS App Store last week, any better? I still haven’t updated the app but am getting sick of manually updating all other apps in order to avoid it!
Why are you avoiding it? I have always updated mine never had any problem.
I have done so as well, prior to the foundational change in v6. I guess my faith in Honda making a reliable car app had been lost.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post