Honda e - 250miles (WLTP)

The place to discuss everything else..
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

I know we will not have Honda e (2nd gen), but can't keep thinking let say in 2026 a 3rd party company offer battery replacement for Honda e and it will boost the range to 250 miles (WLTP).

How much are we willing to pay for such an upgrade...?

FDAD

Post by FDAD »

williamchan wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:02 pm I know we will not have Honda e (2nd gen), but can't keep thinking let say in 2026 a 3rd party company offer battery replacement for Honda e and it will boost the range to 250 miles (WLTP).

How much are we willing to pay for such an upgrade...?
Between 8000€ and 10 000€ having in mind giving the original as exchange.

I think that either I see too much far ahead or I can even see motor replacements etc... let's say I want a new 11kw onboard charger. Why not? Plenty of market opportunities...

The true green move is reusing and improving the car you have as much as possible, not buying a new one every 3 years...
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

'Between 8000€ and 10 000€ having in mind giving the original as exchange.'

Exactly what I have in mind as well. 'They' may also offer it earlier than 2026. ;)
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

10k sounds reasonable. However, if it was only a range extention by keeping the same weight, I would not buy it. For my needs the current range is plenty. A solid state battery with longer lifetime and less affected by the temperature changes would be a more tempting offer, but even then I would wait for the OEM battery to degrade before replacing. Anyway, I am pretty sure that this will be a thing. EVs should be much easier to upgrade than ICE cars and there is more reason to do so.
williamchan

Post by williamchan »

For me I love everything about Honda e except for three things.

1. Boot space (yea I know it’s a small car and can’t expect much)
2. 12V battery draining issue (I believe not apply to everyone as I park mine in the courtyard and sometimes leave it for weeks without touching)
3. Range

I know there is not much to do with 1 and 2 so if battery upgrade will be an option in years I think I will keep the E until the end of its day.

Same here I think something below 10k is reasonable.
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

No idea how involving a process it is to change the battery, some interesting photos here.

While the e has "classic potential", it might be just too rare to for any company to start making aftermarket batteries/motors for it.
2022 e Advance
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

ZeroEmissionRequiem wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:14 pm No idea how involving a process it is to change the battery, some interesting photos here.

While the e has "classic potential", it might be just too rare to for any company to start making aftermarket batteries/motors for it.
Fully Charged did a bit on Robert's Leaf getting a better upgrade a while back;

It's interesting, but obviously a process that was far from being productised - so to speak - in the way that the mechanised Nio (?) battery swaps are for their vehicles, which are designed to have them warm swapped all the time. If nobody has seen fit to find a way to package swapping the batteries for Leafs (Leaves?) when there's a good install base out there of them, I can't see a bespoke alternative for the e being possible. Trouble is that each vehicle is entire bespoke, there's no standard fitment system for the mechanical side of the process, let alone for the software side.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post