Did you Buy or Sell up?

All Honda E related discussions
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

Marmite wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:20 pm my husband is keep checking into random negative EV articles
I've noticed through Google news articles recently a large increase in anti electric vehicle stories in the Sun, Mail and Telegraph, as well as anti Green/Net Zero stuff generally. You would think we just haven't had the record hottest global year, and some vested interests have no interest in the longterm future over short term gain?

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

5thcivic wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:31 pm
Marmite wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:20 pm my husband is keep checking into random negative EV articles
I've noticed through Google news articles recently a large increase in anti electric vehicle stories in the Sun, Mail and Telegraph, as well as anti Green/Net Zero stuff generally. You would think we just haven't had the record hottest global year, and some vested interests have no interest in the longterm future over short term gain?
Maybe people should watch this to get to the truth behind The Sun articles, noting that other 'journalists' also lie.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
5thcivic

Post by 5thcivic »

exactly what I meant.
CSX

Post by CSX »

Bought mine after PCP ended and planning to hang on to it as it works for my commute. Great little car and I think values will rise in the long term as it’s a great piece of design which handles well and is relatively rare.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Just to let you guys know, I've sold mine, loved the car very little grumbles from me, I wanted a bit more flexibility in terms of not having to charge every work night, sad to see it go even more so now they are stopping production in Jan 24
Ex e owner
Mailforkev

Post by Mailforkev »

What are you replacing it with? I’ll prob change in 2024, currently thinking Volvo EX30 but will really miss the little Honda if I do sell it.
555djx

Post by 555djx »

milligoon wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:01 pm Just to let you guys know, I've sold mine, loved the car very little grumbles from me, I wanted a bit more flexibility in terms of not having to charge every work night, sad to see it go even more so now they are stopping production in Jan 24
Are you happy to disclose buy/sell figures? No worries if not.

I think I dodged a bullet by letting mine go 12 months ago after 2 years ownership; bought £27k, sold £23k, mileage circa 10k.
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I bought for £27k had 3+ years 25k miles traded at £14k yes it's a big drop but could have sat on it not selling, in a dropping market.

Replacement is a smart #1 Premium

Downside is PDI found an issue in my new car so now waiting on new replacement delivery.

Was tempted by Volvo EX30 but too minimalist for my tastes
Ex e owner
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

My wife is keeping hers. It'll have 22k miles on the clock by the end of the year and nothing else on the market comes close to what this car offers for us. It fits perfectly. We had it on 3 years HP since August 2020 so that's paid up. Almost always charging from home, this has now become extremely cheap motoring.

Lest we forget, prices shot up during Covid, and now sort of being 'reset'. I bought an expensive 4 year old petrol car back in January this year and stand to lose a fortune. :( This appears to be affecting premium, luxury sports and super cars more with £10k's being slashed off prices seemingly monthly in some cases. The only people I feel sorry for are those that stretched themselves financially for a car that they need for work and daily duties. We otherwise need to remember that cars are a luxury, and everyone's affordability is different. So that does not include me as my purchase was for passion and a new experience; it hasn't worked out as I thought it would, but hey ho, I've kicked myself in the balls and won't do it again! Life moves on.

I said back in 2020 that I believe 2025 will be the year we really see EVs tear into the market. People are not listening to the government any more; as long as legislation doesn't support the fossil fuel madness and block green innovation (ah, it is now but things could be slowly changing). In order to counteract people being brainwashed by stories funded in the £billions by the fossil fuel industry, I've signed by to #stopburningstuff and I'm glad to say that the team are getting time in front of politicians and are hitting print in the Guardian. It's only starting to take hold and gaining traction was the easy bit, now it needs to start competing and winning. I want to believe my predictions for 2025 will still be true and there's plenty of evidence to suggest it will be. Cheap used EVs are sparking interest in some buyers although the depreciation levels in all cars are putting a lot of buyers (and sellers) off. Battery tech is changing and will continue to do so into the next decade, but now those changes are not putting me off so much as there's considerably less money to lose. Whilst Porsche is definitely out of my reach, the Jag is now looking tempting.

So the e is staying and we predict it will be in the family for the next 2 - 3 years. From there, who knows!?!
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

milligoon wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:14 am I bought for £27k had 3+ years 25k miles traded at £14k yes it's a big drop but could have sat on it not selling, in a dropping market.

Replacement is a smart #1 Premium

Downside is PDI found an issue in my new car so now waiting on new replacement delivery.

Was tempted by Volvo EX30 but too minimalist for my tastes
As previous Smart EQ owner, I'm getting interested in Smart #1.... I still have 3months to decide till the end of PCP with e. I love love love e but don't want to lose all the value in xx years time - or will it go up since it was such a short period of time being available??? Parts and maintanance issue, hubby is in the mood of 'I told you so' :evil: :evil:

In small scale, I purchased 5 year servicing plan - will it be considered at the final figure?? Also Blue accent bits (trim & alloys) & driving recorders, will they be lost in the final value if I deal with Smart (Mercedes) dealer rather than Honda dealer I wonder. Hmmmm :roll: :roll:

Did you & your wife test drive around and decided Smart #1?? What was the deal breaker??? I may book test drive myself.

Having said all that I sill love my e :roll:
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post