Michelin Pilot Sport 4 vs e-Primacy Tyres (20% better efficiency?)

The place to discuss everything else..
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I have a similar experience changing to Brigdestone lm005 winter tires - about 15% better range so the PS4S are definitely no Eco tire. My other EV (Kia EV6 GT) came with same tire and returns similar benefit when changing to winters (Contis).

The PS4S of the Kia does have foam. I assume same goes for the Hondas.

Our original summer tires are ready for replacement after 3 seasons and about 20.000km - all 4 worn equally (🤔). I will definitely choose tires with A rated rolling resistance. Not so fond of Michelins (noise) so it will probably be Contis or Bridgestone.

htom

Post by htom »

madbiker wrote: ↑Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:21 pm What mileage did you get out of the original tyres.
36k km.
madbiker

Post by madbiker »

Thanks good to know a ballpark figure.
2022 Honda E Advance, Modern Steel Metalic, 16” rims.
2017 Honda MSX125.
2016 Nissan Navara Tekna on 4C air ride.
2009 Honda TRX700 road registered.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

We've just fitted a pair of e-Primacy tyres to the rear axle. My wife says she prefers them to the OE Yokohamas (we have an Advance on 16s). I think the Yokos did well to get to 22'000+ miles, and ended a little prematurely owing to a screw in the tyre. Ah well.

I've yet to drive it on the new tyres and waiting for some warmer weather. It'll be interesting to see how the behaviour has changed.
MaXPainT

Post by MaXPainT »

Out of curiosity, why did you pick the e-Primacy over the standard Primacy tyre? I am considering replacing my Pilot Sport that came with the car with Primacy tyres, but I am leaning more towards the non e version. It seems that the e version has better rolling resistance values but at a cost of worsened stopping distance. My girlfriend has her e-208 on Primacy 4 tyres and those are much more efficient than the Pilot Sport even in the standard version.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Id say the non e versions are too hard for the car, it makes turn in feel a little nervous.

At first I was getting some better efficiency, but I suspect as the tyre scrubs in, it's a short-lived effect.

Traction and stopping in a straight line seems fine above 5 degrees, notably worse when close to 0. I think the e wants a bit of tyre deformation to help load up the corner when turning. I find that the harder primacy tyres tends to skip over imperfect road conditions. Car has started to feel quite heavy with these tyres, making joyful driving a bit more methodical which kind of defeats the point.

Trouble is I think the tyres are going to last an absolute age!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: ↑Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:52 pm Id say the non e versions are too hard for the car, it makes turn in feel a little nervous.

At first I was getting some better efficiency, but I suspect as the tyre scrubs in, it's a short-lived effect.

Traction and stopping in a straight line seems fine above 5 degrees, notably worse when close to 0. I think the e wants a bit of tyre deformation to help load up the corner when turning. I find that the harder primacy tyres tends to skip over imperfect road conditions. Car has started to feel quite heavy with these tyres, making joyful driving a bit more methodical which kind of defeats the point.

Trouble is I think the tyres are going to last an absolute age!
Are these e-Primacy or standard Primacy 3 or 4 tyres?
Also what pressures are you running front & rear?
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

non-e , standard primacy 4 on the 17s pictured in my profile pic (same size as normal advance 17s).

I'm running standard pressure (2.4bar). There is a slight improvement when a cold snap kicks in and the pressures go down a little, but you can feel they are below pressure.

It's hard to get away from the weight of the car - next time I'll go for some soft tyres as I rarely try to get the max range out of the car (it is demoted to purely commuting and local town shopping etc).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

EEEE wrote: ↑Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:33 am non-e , standard primacy 4 on the 17s pictured in my profile pic (same size as normal advance 17s).

I'm running standard pressure (2.4bar). There is a slight improvement when a cold snap kicks in and the pressures go down a little, but you can feel they are below pressure.

It's hard to get away from the weight of the car - next time I'll go for some soft tyres as I rarely try to get the max range out of the car (it is demoted to purely commuting and local town shopping etc).
I run 36psi all round which is just under 2.5bar.
The e-primacy's seem pretty compliant to me and traction in sub zero temps has never been an issue, maybe they have a softer tread compound to the non ev specific primacy tyres.
Last edited by londiniumperson on Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
E-vteclover

Post by E-vteclover »

I ordered summer wheels and gonna try the michelin pilot sport 5.

Normally can give feedback in about a month.

My E on 17 came with crappy tracmax s210 wintertyres .
Next winter i want other tyres on it
Alpins of crossclimtes 2 ,dont know yet

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post