Keyless remote not detected

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
Mathieu

Post by Mathieu »

Hi there!
sometimes (about 1 in 6 trips) I get the message: keyless remote not detected. I then have to turn the car off and on again. Then the message disappears. I replaced the battery in the fob, but this did not help. Also tried the spare fob, with the same result. Does this problem sound familiar to any of you?
Thanks for your answer!
Mathieu

IMG_0447.jpg

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I don't think I've ever seen it. I had the flat fob battery warning once only.

Is the key fob free from anything that might block its signal (EG, not in a bag full of electronics or metal). I'm not sure exactly where in the car the antenna is to pick up the fob, is there anything else fitted in the car that might interfere?
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Do you have anything in the pouch below the front USB/AC/HDMI ports?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Mathieu

Post by Mathieu »

The fob is in my pocket. Nothing else. It is not a warning that can be found in the manual.
The front USB/AC/HDMI ports ar not in use
happyV

Post by happyV »

Mine is very picky.
If I got my phone too close or in winter I sometimes carry electrical pocket warmers in my coat, I get this warning.
It seems to really want to make sure the key is there, before you drive off. Which I think is good.
Mathieu

Post by Mathieu »

Just remembered that I have had another iPhone on the 5G network for a few weeks now. Could that 5-G signal be the culprit?
Maybe I should just turn off that 5-G.