Order update

All Honda E related discussions
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Rei wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:43 pm
rickwookie wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:23 pm
Rei wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:19 pm No, it will go down to 3000 if I cancel. I really want one but just can't justify it right now.
For what it’s worth; we had confirmed yesterday that Honda will still honour the £3.5k even though we’ve effectively cancelled and re-ordered twice now, by first changing from 17” to 16” wheels, and then changing the colour.
Oh, who did you speak to? I'm wondering if I can delay...
Our local dealer got this from Honda after enquiring if our changes would effect the deal. In other news, we now have an different dealer chasing us to steal the sale from our local dealer, and they’ve had confirmation from Honda that we can actually “switch” our reservation from one dealer to another. We’re seriously considering it, since this other dealer has been a stark contrast to our local one, in really wanting to do a deal to sell us the car, and also being enthusiastic about trading in our car, vs our local one consistently resfusing to give us a guide price to what we might expect from ours and when I pressed it a couple to days ago the message was “you’d be much better selling it privately”🤷‍♂️.

Rei

Post by Rei »

That's what my dealer said, sell it yourself.
bogga

Post by bogga »

Rei wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:35 pm That's what my dealer said, sell it yourself.
Same
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

New email from the dealer. My delivery date has been brought forward to Friday 31st July (which incidentally is the date I have for getting my charger installed).
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

tcg68 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:33 am New email from the dealer. My delivery date has been brought forward to Friday 31st July (which incidentally is the date I have for getting my charger installed).
You may end up being the first Uk owner.
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

tcg68 wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:33 am New email from the dealer. My delivery date has been brought forward to Friday 31st July (which incidentally is the date I have for getting my charger installed).
That is awesome! Rim size, colour? :)
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

17” wheels in white. Although I am away for a few days so it will be 7th August before I could pick it up and he warned that the date was still subject to change.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

We were told that the dealer would receive the car this week, now on the 27th but that's about the 3rd or 4th time the date has been pushed back. So when they called back yesterday, we asked what was causing the dates to be continuously pushed back. Apparently Honda UK said that this was due to the government grant not being paid. Anyone else had this? I don't know how to verify this claim.
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

ChesterUK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:02 am Apparently Honda UK said that this was due to the government grant not being paid. Anyone else had this?
I'm still mystified about all this talk of the 'government grant' and 'Honda UK' which makes it sound as if the grant is paid direct to Honda UK. AFAIK, it isn't, its applied for and paid to individual dealers for each vehicle at the point of sale. That's why I don't understand how dealers are apparently saying to some on here the they will receive the 'old' rate of £3.5k, which clearly does not now apply after the 11 March 2020 Budget.

When deliveries do actually start I'd be interested to hear what grant amount appears on the sales invoices (assuming it does) as we should surely all receive the same?
keithr

Post by keithr »

Jaws wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:49 am I don't understand how dealers are apparently saying to some on here the they will receive the 'old' rate of £3.5k, which clearly does not now apply after the 11 March 2020 Budget.
In my case the dealer said they would honour the original price that they agreed on when I ordered the car, before the government grant cut. They are therefore taking a £500 cut in their profit from the sale, rather than passing on that effective price increase to me. It is the honourable thing for them to do and I appreciate it. Not all dealers are bad! I guess I am fortunate to have a good local Honda dealer (at least that seems the case so far - this is my first purchase of a Honda car, so it's early days for me).

I thought the delays were down to the coronavirus and needing to apply a software/firmware update to the cars before delivery to the dealers.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post