Anyone ordered?

All Honda E related discussions
Willspin

Post by Willspin »

This is good news. We didn't go into the ins and outs of the order (they probably want you to feel as committed as possible) and a lot can change in 6 months.
I am one of 2 who have ordered at Soham, I think the CRV is their bread and butter at the moment.
Pleasantly surprised by the refund!
Fingers crossed it will tick all the right boxes in June.
rickwookie wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:56 am Not sure about the buying “blind” thing. You’ll get to see one in the flesh before you actually pay for one, at which point if you don’t think it’s right for any reason, just pull out. To quote the dealer we went to they’ve “never not returned a customers deposit”. That was right before actually taking £0 deposit 🤪 I think he wasn’t aware that Honda UK automatically refund the £800 reservation fee.

As to the date, our dealer’s info showed “P1” 2020, which he suggested is the first period of their financial year - April to June. More recent press speculation has specified June at the earliest.
Current: Honda E, Nissan Elgrand, Honda PCX, Honda MSX "Grom",
EX: Civic Type R EP3, MX5, Impreza WRX, 350Z

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Willspin wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:39 pm This is good news. We didn't go into the ins and outs of the order (they probably want you to feel as committed as possible) and a lot can change in 6 months.
I am one of 2 who have ordered at Soham, I think the CRV is their bread and butter at the moment.
Pleasantly surprised by the refund!
Fingers crossed it will tick all the right boxes in June.
I assume they didn't get you to pay any additional deposit at the dealer then either?

BTW: Cool "E. Honda" avi. :lol:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Wayneski wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:33 pm 2017 30 kw tekna

It’s my second. I had a 24 kw before this.

Love them!!
But this morning I was lucky enough to be invited by Honda to a media filming event where I was allowed to climb all over a shark yellow one whilst they filmed me and got my reactions.
I have to say that the pictures and vids online DO NOT do this car justice. Up close and personal it is gorgeous!!!
Very reminiscent of a mk1 golf. But It looks like it has been carved out of one solid piece of material! Very impressed with all the details on the car. Even in this stage the panel gaps are close and everything works!
Gave it a right good going over. The interior is surprisingly roomy. Plenty of space for four of me, lol and I’m not a small delicate flower!
Boot is a nice size just a bit smaller than my leaf but not by much.
Seats are comfy driving position is good. But saving the best till last, the infotainment system is amazing! Definitely streets ahead of any other car out there except perhaps the Tesla. But even then it’s close. Nippy response to all inputs. The screens are v bright and customisable to whatever you want. Honestly it’s like a giant iPad. Audio sounds great too.
Everything was working as far as I could tell lol even the heated seats.
I tell you, getting back into my leaf after was like stepping back into the dark ages....

The next 6 months are going to draaaaaaag even more now!
Is this you Wayneski? https://www.hondaengineroom.co.uk/elect ... he-honda-e
s2ke

Post by s2ke »

any dates yet?
Adrian_toothless

Post by Adrian_toothless »

We are looking to order one for the Uk

Has anyone got any eta on delivery, prices etc?

Thanks

Adrian
Electra

Post by Electra »

I ordered one a few weeks ago. I’ve definitely missed the first batch, so I’m not expecting delivery before August/September.
Xanadu

Post by Xanadu »

I have ordered mine in black
s2ke

Post by s2ke »

Honda UK told me no date for the car in dealers yet

its slipping.. summer was all they had. i expect i might look elsewhere tbh
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I’m getting a bit despondent with Honda’s lack of updates. This is what they promise when you first reserve:

This is all we’ve had since we actually PLACED AN ORDER more than four months ago:

I've seen no evidence yet that Honda have actually built any more than the two "late-stage prototype" cars; one left-hand-drive (in charge yellow) (the one that Wayneski got to play with, jammy sod!) and one right-hand-drive unit (in Platinum White Metallic)!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Well, they definitely produced more than the two cars your mentioned. A representative of Honda told me that the "mass production" started recently (guys that are available via this online chat option seem to have some insights...).
However, communication with customers who actually ordered these cars is very poor, indeed...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post