Order update

All Honda E related discussions
Rei

Post by Rei »

I chased this up. My dealer said in an email that Honda have confirmed to him that they will honour the £3,500 grant, so if I don't cancel it I will get the extra £500.

I think you need to ask your dealer to contact Honda and confirm that they are honouring this.

Jaws

Post by Jaws »

Rei wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:46 am I chased this up. My dealer said in an email that Honda have confirmed to him that they will honour the £3,500 grant, so if I don't cancel it I will get the extra £500.

I think you need to ask your dealer to contact Honda and confirm that they are honouring this.
Rei I did that two weeks ago, asked the dealer and sent him that twitter link. This is part of his reply to my email

"The grant may have been £3500 when the E was launched, although I am unaware of this I’m afraid*. Unfortunately, Honda have no say on whether grant amounts go up or down, and if the government upped the grant to £6000 for example, you’d all be quids in.

Hope this clears it up a little for you
."

(*= he is referring to Honda UK's statement in that twitter link)

I won't be chasing the dealer or posting here further about the £500 difference, it's only the cost of the entry fee, fuel, tyres and insurance in the Type R for a single track day at Goodwood, and I haven't done any of those this year! :cry:

Good luck to those expecting the full £3,500 and well done if you receive it :)
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Obviously the information on the personal Honda account is updated now after all. In my case, it has now changed to "in transit"...
The vehicle is expected in the 34th calendar week according to the dealer...

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-04 um 08.28.png

Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Nice, that’s soon! Does that mean you’ll get it in the same week, because if I remember correctly you expected some German bureaucracy to get into the way? :)
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Well, I'll be allowed to touch it or ride in the dealer's yard.
In fact, it takes up to four weeks to get the car's registration in Berlin. But that's a Berlin problem – in other parts of Germany, it's a cinch...
tcg68

Post by tcg68 »

Not sure what is happening with my car. I had a delivery date to the dealer of 12 Aug. This changed to Friday 31 Jul a couple of weeks ago on the system. Friday came and went as did the weekend. Nothing yesterday either. The system is still showing 31 Jul. Disappointed as I am off this week and if it had shown up yesterday there was still time for me to get it on Friday this week, but that won’t happen now.
Dundun

Post by Dundun »

I ordered yesterday and pick the car up tomorrow at noon. By chance the shop had decided to sell their in-store display car (never driven).

48h from first email to delivery!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Wow – that of course was the most elegant way of getting an e!
dVb9

Post by dVb9 »

Jaws wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:43 pm [
"The grant may have been £3500 when the E was launched, although I am unaware of this I’m afraid*. Unfortunately, Honda have no say on whether grant amounts go up or down, and if the government upped the grant to £6000 for example, you’d all be quids in.

The fact of the matter is that the amount of grant available is dependent on when the order was registered on the OLEV portal. This should happen when the customer places an order, but short of checking with the dealership, there's no telling whether they did this in a timely manner.

Anyone wishing to challenge their dealership on this could ask why their grant wasn't secured when they paid their £500 deposit. (I know some people paid different amounts, or nothing, but the order date is a matter of record.)

This is from the gov.uk website, regarding March's reduction in the grant:
Plug in car grant

Starting Thursday 12 March (2020), those making the switch to electric cars will be eligible for a grant of up to £3,000. As the uptake of zero-emission cars increases, a small reduction to the grant, as well as excluding cars costing £50,000 or more will allow more drivers to benefit from making the switch for longer. These changes will come into effect on orders placed on the portal after 11:59pm on 11 March and the government will continue to keep the rate of the grant under review.
For what it's worth, I ordered my Kona in September 2018 and took delivery in May 2019. In that time, the grant was reduced from £4500 to £3500, but I was allowed the full £4500 without even having to query it.
Rei

Post by Rei »

The problem is that Honda didn't get the car registered for the grant in time so couldn't apply for it. In suppose that means that when they promised it to me they intended to pay it themselves.

I hope so because otherwise there is absolutely no benefit for people who ordered last October. People who ordered yesterday get their cars just as fast, same price and spec.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post