Honda e can self park

All Honda E related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Honda’s neat self-park gadget. If a space is green, it can auto-drive into it. Simply tap your chosen space and the Honda e does the rest.

EPSkyYUXsAAepCZ.jpeg

RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

However, this is semi-automatic only – right? As far as I understood, you have to break (similar to Volkswagen's solution).
Choosing the parking spot via the screen is cool, though...

Edit: Maybe not. Obviously it stops automatically:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-01-27 um 18.30.40.png

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I think on either the Parkers or the Drive Electric video review (I’ve watched so many!) they mentioned that you have to do all the pedal work.
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Have a look ash this:

Obviously it is more autonomous than the Volkswagen solution...
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Looks fully auto then, nice. Great video review there too. I liked that he correctly stated the wheel to wheel turning circle as 8.6 m too. None of this silly 4.3 m “less than a London taxi” nonsense.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I think the 4.3m vs 8.6m refers to radius vs diameter of the circle
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:44 pm I think the 4.3m vs 8.6m refers to radius vs diameter of the circle
Try telling that to Jonny Smith, or any of the other journalists that have been claiming the car has the smallest turning circle ever...
keithr

Post by keithr »

That picture of the car reversing into a car park space doesn't look right to me (second post, by RAL7004). The rear-view camera display looks to be a mirror image. The overhead shot shows the dark grey car on the left and the silver car on the right, but the rear view shows the cars the other way round. So the overhead shot shows the car turning left into the space, but the rear view shows it turning right into the space. So instead of showing what the camera sees, it's reversed so that you see what you would see if you were looking in the rear view camera (but if you wanted to see that view then you could just look in the rear view camera!). That confuses me! :?
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

keithr wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:46 pm That picture of the car reversing into a car park space doesn't look right to me (second post, by RAL7004). The rear-view camera display looks to be a mirror image. The overhead shot shows the dark grey car on the left and the silver car on the right, but the rear view shows the cars the other way round. So the overhead shot shows the car turning left into the space, but the rear view shows it turning right into the space. So instead of showing what the camera sees, it's reversed so that you see what you would see if you were looking in the rear view camera (but if you wanted to see that view then you could just look in the rear view camera!). That confuses me! :?
Your post just confused me too but yeah you’re right. That picture is possibly a photoshop then rather than it working in practice? Otherwise that could be very confusing...
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

keithr wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:46 pm That picture of the car reversing into a car park space doesn't look right to me (second post, by RAL7004). The rear-view camera display looks to be a mirror image. The overhead shot shows the dark grey car on the left and the silver car on the right, but the rear view shows the cars the other way round. So the overhead shot shows the car turning left into the space, but the rear view shows it turning right into the space. So instead of showing what the camera sees, it's reversed so that you see what you would see if you were looking in the rear view camera (but if you wanted to see that view then you could just look in the rear view camera!). That confuses me! :?
Not sure why it’s so confusing. The first image is a simulated view constructed using the external cameras, “looking” forwards. The image from the seconds post shows a rear-view mirror equivalent shot (from the rear camera, flipped horizontally), so the left/right wrt the driver facing forward is not reversed. Yes it’s the same image you’d get from the high-level rear view display, but you can’t look up there and down at the dash display at the same time, so this presentation makes good sense to me!
I think if the dash display showed the view as if you were actually looking backwards (i.e. what the camera sees) most people would try to steer the wrong way!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post