3 pin Plug

All Honda E related discussions
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:13 pm
Reuben80 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:03 pm What is wrong about it?
Hmm, let me think... maybe it's something to do with having to burn petrol in the internal combustion engine onboard the vehicle in order for the vehicle to be able to "self-charge"?
@rickwookie I don't always agree with you, but this is one point on which I definitely do.

@Reuben80 Will you be carrying a petrol/diesel generator in the boot of your Honda e for when you need a recharge, like this?
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

bogga

Post by bogga »

Honda do make great generators though :D
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Hmm, let me think... maybe it's something to do with having to burn petrol in the internal combustion engine onboard the vehicle in order for the vehicle to be able to "self-charge"?
Toyota did not say that you don't need petrol to charge so your point does not stand.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:51 pm
@rickwookie I don't always agree with you, but this is one point on which I definitely do.

@Reuben80 Will you be carrying a petrol/diesel generator in the boot of your Honda e for when you need a recharge, like this?
Again, non sense reply. Where did Toyota mention no need for petrol? You are making things up because you don't want to admit that it is self charging.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Reuben80 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:59 pm
Toyota did not say that you don't need petrol to charge so your point does not stand.
Could you point me to where they even mention petrol in this add?

It's, at best, conveyed as though the petrol is optional. See

Meanwhile, back in the real world:
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

Rickwookie, you did not read my comment properly. Why people are upset that you need petrol to charge? Plug ins need electrticity to charge, hybrid need petrol, that is not the point. We are not discussing which is the best efficient energy to charge, we are discussing if the car needs to be plugged in to charge or not. Hybrids will charge when you hit the power button and switch on the engine. Fullstop.
Toyota did this ad to educate people on what Hybrids are. You know how many people still ask hybrid owners how long does it take you to charge, how do you charge it? I am amazed at the amount of people that think that a hybrid has to be plugged in. No wonder why Toyota tried this ad to educate these people. I really don't blame them. I blame those BEV owners that think that Hybrids are a lower level of ownership than a full electric car. BEV are still not the solution for every one. I would never buy a BEV if I had no garage at home. Not everyone has a garage so Hybrids are a very good alternative to that because you will do 65% of your trip on EV mode. Not just 2km as some think.
keithr

Post by keithr »

Reuben80 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:04 am Why people are upset that you need petrol to charge?
Because you have to pollute the air with exhaust fumes from an internal combustion engine in order to charge. A BEV recharges from a home or public charge point, and the electricity from those charge points can be generated by clean and renewable methods such as solar and wind, or hydro electric in countries such as Norway. Hybrids are still air polluting, oil consuming vehicles. BEVs are potentially not.

Hybrids are just a way of reducing the pollution and fuel costs of internal combustion engines. It's a bit like semi-synthetic oil, which is much better than non-synthetic oil, because the synthetic oil that is added is so much bettter, but it's not as good as 100% synthetic oil. Taking a crude oil based oil, which is full of contaminates which are bad for your engine, and making it better by adding some synthetic oil to it, makes the oil perform better and keeps the engine cleaner, for a cost somewhere between non-synthetic and fully synthetic oil, but 100% fully synthetic, which has no contaminates to start with, is better still. In the case of a hybrid, you're reducing the pollution and oil based fuel usage by adding a clean method of propulsion, but it's not as good as just using the clean method only and totally avoiding the pollution.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

keithr wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:11 pm
Reuben80 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:04 am Why people are upset that you need petrol to charge?
Because you have to pollute the air with exhaust fumes from an internal combustion engine in order to charge. A BEV recharges from a home or public charge point, and the electricity from those charge points can be generated by clean and renewable methods such as solar and wind, or hydro electric in countries such as Norway. Hybrids are still air polluting, oil consuming vehicles. BEVs are potentially not.

Hybrids are just a way of reducing the pollution and fuel costs of internal combustion engines. It's a bit like semi-synthetic oil, which is much better than non-synthetic oil, because the synthetic oil that is added is so much bettter, but it's not as good as 100% synthetic oil. Taking a crude oil based oil, which is full of contaminates which are bad for your engine, and making it better by adding some synthetic oil to it, makes the oil perform better and keeps the engine cleaner, for a cost somewhere between non-synthetic and fully synthetic oil, but 100% fully synthetic, which has no contaminates to start with, is better still. In the case of a hybrid, you're reducing the pollution and oil based fuel usage by adding a clean method of propulsion, but it's not as good as just using the clean method only and totally avoiding the pollution.
So you agree that Hybrids charge themselves.
Jeffers

Post by Jeffers »

Hybrids charge themselves in the same way an electric car charges itself, with human intervention. A hybrid is recharged at a petrol station, an electric car is recharged at an electrical outlet of some description.
The single raindrop never feels responsible for the flood
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I give up, you just twist it as you like.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post