12V battery issues

All Honda E related discussions
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

I can see a SW defect being raised on this one.
Adv. 16" Wheels

kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

Just like a Porsche then!
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

kbjpick wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:38 am Just like a Porsche then!
What were the problems at Porsche in this respect?
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Reuben80 wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:59 pm 12V batteries do not have enough capacity for to run all those monitors + the cpu for many minutes. It is much better to switch the car on with the ready signal if you intent to use it for more than 15 minutes.
A bit of a generalisation. The nominal voltage of a battery is irrelevant to its capacity and at the end of the day capacity is capacity. If all those screens result is a high power requirement, then Honda should have used a suitable higher capacity 12 V battery.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

If you'll be sat in the car for a while, just power it up and then the traction battery will keep the 12v battery charged.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
kbjpick

Post by kbjpick »

RAL7004 My Carrera used to have a warning on the main display which stated something along the lines of " Do not run the entertainment system etc without turning on engine as you will delete battery" I FOUND IT TO BE TRUE - and needed a Porsche Recovery. Hence use of CTEK chargers in all Porsche showrooms!
As27@talktalk.net

Post by As27@talktalk.net »

well....i just travelled 50 miles to have dash cam fitted, looks like a couple of hours playing with the car flattened the Auxiliary battery various errors on screen "Park Pilot error" "Battery saver please start car" It was started !! and travelling home fine with wing cameras and main speedo screen. Ok give it a while and i can restart main screens and Radio...…. No after 40 minutes could not start radio or main screens without "Battery save error please start car" displayed. So how does the Auxiliary battery get charged then ? well its going on main vehicle charger overnight to see if that jump starts things into life...... ...PS dealer wasn't too sure what to do either, apart from that old favourite "Have you tried switching it off and on again" Lol watch this space
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

It does seem weirdly annoying to be sitting on top of a great big store of energy - and not being able to use it because your 12V battery is dead.

But when you think about it that’s the exact situation you’re in with a petrol car if the battery dies too, just the energy is stored in a different form!

As27, hope yours sorts itself out, I imagine it’ll be fine after a good charge.
As27@talktalk.net

Post by As27@talktalk.net »

Thanks NewCode. Bit of an update, the Vehicle is running fine but the Audio screens keep coming up "Battery protection press power button" even when im driving along, then audio switches off. If I can get the radio on for a while it wont switch off when i switch off power button once i am home I have to turn audio button off. I'm sure its the Auxiliary battery not being charged, The dealer straight away blamed my hard wired Dashcam that was fitted by CBS Automotive, who have done lots of work for me and I still don't think its them. Just wanted the dealer to test my auxiliary battery, they were "Short staffed and a bit busy can I book it in next week" GGGrrrrr. So I'm now charging the auxiliary battery at home overnight to see if that fixes the problem.. They did say the auxiliary battery is charged while the car is in motion.. watch this space.....
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

As27@talktalk.net wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:29 pm Thanks NewCode. Bit of an update, the Vehicle is running fine but the Audio screens keep coming up "Battery protection press power button" even when im driving along, then audio switches off. If I can get the radio on for a while it wont switch off when i switch off power button once i am home I have to turn audio button off. I'm sure its the Auxiliary battery not being charged, The dealer straight away blamed my hard wired Dashcam that was fitted by CBS Automotive, who have done lots of work for me and I still don't think its them. Just wanted the dealer to test my auxiliary battery, they were "Short staffed and a bit busy can I book it in next week" GGGrrrrr. So I'm now charging the auxiliary battery at home overnight to see if that fixes the problem.. They did say the auxiliary battery is charged while the car is in motion.. watch this space.....
Have you tried a factory reset on the infotainment system yet?
Adv. 16" Wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post