2491AE9C-01DF-44D6-93C2-6AD773E36BB3.jpeg
6DC9F528-BE77-457A-9A3B-66D4CE9B384F.jpeg
Nice! 👍
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

NewCode

Post by NewCode »

Different coloured variants, and yellow, all without the decal pack.

D6ABF330-1B9A-4C80-A0BD-848E58474FDA.jpeg

E2133305-202E-4163-B1A1-152B59855AF6.jpeg

BCAD8480-F600-47A5-AFB9-93D48F1306AF.jpeg

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Ok so I finally got around to playing with the Wallpaper feature, but being anal I couldn’t just make a wallpaper without first establishing the likely native resolution, so that my Wallpapers wouldn’t get scaled or distorted.

As Reuben80 has already pointed out, the wallpaper stretches across 2 8:3 ratio screens. These seemingly odd shaped displays were historically employed to display 2 4:3 presentations side-by-side. In the case of the e, they’re used to display a 16:9 app next to the buttons.

As for the resolution, I took a zoomed-in picture of one of the display elements that was large enough to get a reasonably accurate measurement of, but not too large to make counting the pixels too laborious. For this I selected the on-screen time, which the digits of are around 8 mm high. I counted 52 pixels in the height of one digit. From this I extrapolated that the display, at 110.2 mm high, has a vertical pixel dimension of 720 pixels. From this, and the known ratio (easily verified with a ruler or tape measure) of 8:3, we can establish the horizontal pixel dimension of each of the two displays is 1920 pixels (293.8 mm wide each)

So, there you go. If you want uncropped wallpaper, it’s 3840 x 720 pixels (at 166 ppi if you’re wondering and you want to display something at 1:1 scale!).

Of course, if you REALLY want to do it properly (which Honda themselves don’t even do with all their wallpapers), you’ll make you wallpaper at 3900 x 720, then when it’s finished, crop out the centre 60 pixels. That will result in a perfect wallpaper that appears to go behind the central black bar between the screens rather than pulled apart either side of it.

EDIT: Likely that this is the display I reckon - https://www.eenewseurope.com/news/123-i ... pect-ratio so I may have been off by about a millimetre!
292 x 109.5 mm - 167 PPI
Isow

Post by Isow »

Very clever.
Thank you.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Probably have to be a certain age to appreciate this one.

JetSetWilly.jpg

I used Procreate on my iPad, so unfortunately the screenshots got softened when I scaled them up. I may have another go using Photoshop so I can choose the scaling mode and retain all that low-res crisp blocky goodness. :lol:

Edit: Procreate does have an interpolation mode for the scaling I just found out. Done it again using “Nearest Neighbour” and I think it looks better now.
Last edited by rickwookie on Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Improved image
bogga

Post by bogga »

rickwookie wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:39 pm Probably have to be a certain age to appreciate this one.

JetSetWilly.jpg

I used Procreate on my iPad, so unfortunately the screenshots got softened when I scaled them up. I may have another go using Photoshop so I can choose the scaling mode and retain all that low-res crisp blocky goodness. :lol:

Edit: Procreate does have an interpolation mode for the scaling I just found out. Done it again using “Nearest Neighbour” and I think it looks better now.
Commodore 64 version?
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

DSC_3448.JPG

Won't mean much to most I'd hazard a guess but here's my new fangled wallpaper from an Elite Dangerous screen grab.

Next job to make a suitable clock backdrop
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

bogga wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:28 pm
rickwookie wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:39 pm Probably have to be a certain age to appreciate this one.

JetSetWilly.jpg

Commodore 64 version?
How very date you! Spectrum all the way!
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Ok I've now done a few wallpapers from modified wallpapers I've found online, using my 'seamless' method. Here you go:

Aurora1.jpg

Aurora2.jpg

Aurora3.jpg

CNTower.jpg

DarkSunset.jpg

Dune1.jpg

Fishing.jpg

Fjord.jpg

Holiday1.jpg

Holiday2.jpg

Lake1.jpg

Milkyway1.jpg

OnTheBeach.jpg

Road1.jpg

Road2.jpg

Shore1.jpg

SunsetBridge.jpg

TheBridge.jpg

Trees1.jpg

The sad news is, you can only have 16 custom wallpapers copied to the car at any one time, and you can't delete any of the in-built ones to make more space.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Here's a handy wallpaper for UK e owners to remind them what to say when they get stopped by the old bill while out for a jolly over the next few weeks...

Barnard.jpg