What to check before driving away

All Honda E related discussions
LordMrFord

Post by LordMrFord »

Hi all, so I should be picking up my Blue Advanced this month (may be different story) but is there any thing you wish you had checked before driving away from the show room? like making sure the My Honda app works or the paint was scratched. I have even seen some were you should go for a test drive to make sure there are not any rattles and feels good to drive.

any thought's welcome.

Thanks Mike.

Isow

Post by Isow »

I checked my e over the day before I took delivery.
Just a visual check.
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

There is a recall recarding some plastics surrounding the charge port which can rattle and hence scrape the paint in a hidden location. Ours have it, and the bonnet needs to be repainted. I'm confident that it will be visible afterwards to the point where I consider refusing the respray for now.
NewCode

Post by NewCode »

Check the bonnet where the wipers hit the paintwork if they’re lifted without being put into maintenance mode.

viewtopic.php?t=353&start=20
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

I would definitely make sure the dealer has done what they need to do (put the eSim in "normal" mode) to get the app working BEFORE you leave them. Also, check all around the black shiny bits for any marks. I'm starting to find a few
Trykpaa wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:22 pm There is a recall recarding some plastics surrounding the charge port which can rattle and hence scrape the paint in a hidden location. Ours have it, and the bonnet needs to be repainted. I'm confident that it will be visible afterwards to the point where I consider refusing the respray for now.
Do you have and more info on this Trykpaa?!
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

My middle console had a "hick" and the top layer was damaged. They replaced it immediately with the fake wood console of the showroom car. I would do a thorough check of the paintwork etc.
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:34 pm Do you have and more info on this Trykpaa?!
No? What kind of info are you thinking of?
LordMrFord

Post by LordMrFord »

I was thinking of. I wish I had checked that before driving off the for court. As above with the wipers chipping the bonnet.
As always hindsight is the best sort of sight and that is something you boys and girls that have lived the the car a couple of weeks can tell me/anyone waiting to take delivery.
Thanks.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

LordMrFord

Great name 😊

What everyone else has said. Plus
Check the quality of the paint work and finish across each panel. Check panel gaps are even
My Worcester dealership and particularly the salesman Carl was really helpful. They struggled getting the eSim to work on collection. They were mortified. They agreed to fit the mud guards for free as an apology.
To summarise, Do a detailed check thru, but even if you don’t find it on collection, I believe they will sort it.
And blue is the colour 👍
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Trykpaa wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:08 pm
rickwookie wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:34 pm Do you have and more info on this Trykpaa?!
No? What kind of info are you thinking of?
Well, if it’s a recall, shouldn’t we all be aware of it?!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post