My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

NewCode wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 pm My app was failing earlier but it is working now. Guess they had some kind of server issue.
Yep, it's up and running again.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only

advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

NewCode wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:16 pm My app was failing earlier but it is working now. Guess they had some kind of server issue.
Thanks NewCode. Prompted me to retry, and it accepted my Fingerprint Login and worked. As if by magic. Looks like the elves have been working hard in the night.

Off topic, but does anyone else wonder “what is the use of an App Library” that you can't organise yourself? A random idea from Apple that is half baked.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:32 am Off topic, but does anyone else wonder “what is the use of an App Library” that you can't organise yourself? A random idea from Apple that is half baked.
Prior to iOS 14, one of the central problems with iOS (compared to Android) was that every single app you’ve ever downloaded has to exist somewhere on your home screen. You can have folders, you can have multiple home screens, but you can’t simply hide an app you don’t use very often.
The iOS 14 release changes all that. In addition to being able to put Widgets on your home screen, you can now remove apps without uninstalling them! A new top-level screen called the App Library contains all the apps installed on your iPhone. It’s a bit like the app drawer on most Android phones, but it looks and behaves differently. Mastering the App Library is key to keeping a more tidy and organized iPhone and quickly being able to find the app you want.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Agreed. Fixed for me too
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

A rare post in (minor) defence of the app. Arrived home after doing a quick lunchtime supermarket run. Inside, updated the app; "rear left window open". Stupid app, I've never even touched that window since the car arrived. Pop outside and indeed, the window was down a tiny bit, must have brushed the control on the door getting out. 5 minutes later, the heavens opened. So, for all the hassle so far, perhaps saved the rear bench getting a soaking?
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

MattHero wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 pm A rare post in (minor) defence of the app. Arrived home after doing a quick lunchtime supermarket run. Inside, updated the app; "rear left window open". Stupid app, I've never even touched that window since the car arrived. Pop outside and indeed, the window was down a tiny bit, must have brushed the control on the door getting out. 5 minutes later, the heavens opened. So, for all the hassle so far, perhaps saved the rear bench getting a soaking?
The exact same thing happened to me, and it was the same window too. I though I'd posted about it on here, but can't find it now.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:52 pm
MattHero wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:01 pm A rare post in (minor) defence of the app. Arrived home after doing a quick lunchtime supermarket run. Inside, updated the app; "rear left window open". Stupid app, I've never even touched that window since the car arrived. Pop outside and indeed, the window was down a tiny bit, must have brushed the control on the door getting out. 5 minutes later, the heavens opened. So, for all the hassle so far, perhaps saved the rear bench getting a soaking?
The exact same thing happened to me, and it was the same window too. I though I'd posted about it on here, but can't find it now.
That's a worry if a number of us have experienced this, because about a week ago I also found the rear left window down about 1cm, though not via the app, it could have been like that for weeks.
I don't think that water would have made it's way because it wasn't below the window seal.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

londiniumperson wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:12 pm
rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:52 pm
That's a worry if a number of us have experienced this, because about a week ago I also found the rear left window down about 1cm, though not via the app, it could have been like that for weeks.
I don't think that water would have made it's way because it wasn't below the window seal.
Slightly frustrating that I must have not clicked "Submit" on that post (I vividly remember writing it!), but basically it was the first day we had the car, I checked the app and noticed the window was showing open. I went out in the dark and felt around the top of the window, because it actually looked closed. I could just feel the rubber seal behind as I felt along the top of the glass, so it was just down a smidge. I figured at the time that one of the kids must have been playing with the window and just not fully closed it, but now I'm not so sure. It was absolutely pissing it down at the time too.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Slightly off topic, but regarding “accidentally switching buttons” without realising it.
Has anyone switched on their Heated Seats by mistake? I know one YouTube reviewer claimed he had switched his on with his knee. Must have been “man-spreading”.
However I noticed Passenger side had switched on, after my daughter had been in the car. She did have a large bag, and maybe that knocked it on.
The switches do run right to the edge, whereas they could have been designed slightly narrower, and hence left space for a hard retaining edge/border.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Tempting fate here, but does anyone else think the App “may” have improved slightly since the last update, or soon after. Mine seems to working more reliably (did I really write that?).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post