Unlocking without keys nearby?

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I'm pretty sure that mine doesn't do that.
I have a BlackVue dash cam fitted which went off once in the early hours (before I set the motion area correctly) when a car's headlights lit my son's silver car which is parked perpendicular in front of mine. So in theory it would auto record & alert me if mine was doing this.
The only saving grace is that at least it shouldn't be unlocking because as you need the keys quite close when the handles pop out.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

This is very worrying. Obviously the car can be unlocked by a command from Honda’s servers as we can use our app to do that. Considering how flakey the app is, I wouldn’t be surprised if this was a bug and the car is indeed unlocking at random times.

I’m going to review my security camera footage now to see if it’s happening to our car too.
JoePro

Post by JoePro »

I managed to catch the car doing the same thing again, and I quickly ran out to try to open the doors while the handles were presented (without the key on my person or nearby).

I can confirm that at least in my case, the car was not unlocked, the handles were just presenting. It seems as though the car also checks for the key before actually unlocking when you pull one of the handles. I checked the drivers’ side door.
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Where are you storing your keys?
Adv. 16" Wheels
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

I would take it to the dealer and check the sensor or replace it.
bogga

Post by bogga »

bogga wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:37 pm
JoePro wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm
Has anybody else noticed anything like this?
Yes, mine does that too, and my keys were in faraday bags. The only reason I noticed was because my front camera recorded it.
Now my keys are in a Faraday box... Let's see if that makes any difference..
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

JoePro wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:02 pm I managed to catch the car doing the same thing again, and I quickly ran out to try to open the doors while the handles were presented (without the key on my person or nearby).

I can confirm that at least in my case, the car was not unlocked, the handles were just presenting. It seems as though the car also checks for the key before actually unlocking when you pull one of the handles. I checked the drivers’ side door.
That is somewhat more reassuring then.
luffyco

Post by luffyco »

Hello, for the people who have the problem, has the problem been solved ?
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

The key is deactivated if it is not moved.
In a German forum** @drkite (member here, too) reports that the key obviously stops transmitting if it is not moved. So the stored key obviously does not need a Faraday cage...
He checked the whole thing with a small experiment.

**https://www.goingelectric.de/forum/view ... a&start=10
luffyco

Post by luffyco »

This is not the problem, the problem is why the car activate the light alone ?