Advance vs Standard

All Honda E related discussions
George Jetson

Post by George Jetson »

Other than power output , I’m interested in what owners see as the key benefits of the advance as I can’t see that it’s worth the premium?😉
Which could you live without ?
From what I can see the Advance has better sound system and the 360 camera ?
Standard version owners - any options you wish you’d selected ? Or regret not going for the Advance even ?
£50 credit when you switch to Octopus Energy :
https://share.octopus.energy/ivory-cliff-851

Mr_Helge

Post by Mr_Helge »

I believe the standard lacks heated windshield and steering wheel. I'm using that every day right now, really nice.
The 360 camera is awesome, but that I could left out. Music is really important for me so the big stereo is a must.
I think the standard 16 inch rims looks better than my 17 inch (and I also lose some range).
Ovuvuevuevue___Osas

Post by Ovuvuevuevue___Osas »

The advance comes with the self parking feature as well as the 100-230v 1.5kW in car outlet (with the corresponding plug/voltage according to your countrys standard), and heated steering wheel and 17 inch rims.

The self parking is pretty good as long as there are well defined lines on the ground or a good space between two cars.

The 17" rims are a bad choice in my opinion. As they contribute to road noise transfer, and a harder ride.
I went for the advance with the standard 16" rims.

If you check the differences between normal and advance in the car configurator on honda.com, you'll see that those are the only differences.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Advanced also gets cross-traffic warning, as you reverse out of a space. And the central rear view camera mirror.
I had a first go yesterday with the auto park facility. Good fun
I do like the 17” wheels with Michelin Sport tyres. The car is still quiet
All are toys. But who doesn’t like extra toys? 😊
For about £2500 difference.
I don’t think Honda are selling the Standard version yet, certainly not in the UK. I think deliveries might start in 2021
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Joolsdc wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:15 pm I had a first go yesterday with the auto park facility. Good fun
Particularly when it's trying to reverse into a space that already has a car parked in it, which it regularly will try to do! :shock:

Seriously though, does the Standard not have the 360 view?! That's worth the £2.5k extra alone. :lol:

Audio upgrade - Don't get too excited about that, since it sounds naff. Haven't auditioned the Standard system though tbf.

Rear view "mirror" cam - Could easily live without that and in fact never use it now.

Heated steering wheel - not used it yet, but who knows, it may become my best friend when it gets really cold!

Heated front windscreen - I can't really comment on this since there's no discreet way to turn it on, and I've not ever seen any evidence to suggest it's ever been on. Perhaps once the front windscreen freezes right up it may be a thing, let's wait and see.

Extra power - hard to know how much this is noticeable when the e Standard has identical torque.

The main plus point? - You can actually order the e Advance, whereas when we ordered, the Standard model wasn't available (is it now?), so that's a plus really I suppose.
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Of course, most of us had no choice, as we could only get our hands on the Advance. I couldn't wait, so had to accept extra cost. Didn't think I needed many of the extra tech, but liked more power, fatter tyres and 17" gas burners, when I first saw prototype July 2019.
Now I agree that the extra cameras are a real bonus, when parking.
AutoPark is fun, but not essential.
Rear view mirror/camera is not essential ( I prefer not to use).
So on balance the extras justify the premium price.
Also I hope residual value after 3yrs will be higher, and in 3yrs time many of the safety features will become standard on new EV's.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
bogga

Post by bogga »

rickwookie wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:48 pm
Joolsdc wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:15 pm I had a first go yesterday with the auto park facility. Good fun
Extra power - hard to know how much this is noticeable when the e Standard has identical torque.
Is it the same motor, just turned down in software?
larsan

Post by larsan »

In addition to features available in the Honda e standard, the features on the Honda e Advance include:

Function & Technology
- Front windshield de-icer
- Honda Parking Pilot
Comfort & Convenience
- Multi-view camera
- Heated steering wheel
- Premium audio with 8 speakers (including subwoofer)
- Dedicated hardware amplifier
- 100v/230v AC outlet
Wheels
- Choice of 16" or 17" alloy wheels
Safety
- Centre Camera Mirror System
- Blind Spot Information
- Cross Traffic Monitor
Performance
- Power output: 154PS
- Range: up to 137 miles
keithr

Post by keithr »

bogga wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:26 am Is it the same motor, just turned down in software?
I don't know, but I would guess it's the same motor. With the Nissan LEAF when they brought out the second generation 40kWh model in 2018, it used the identical motor to the older 80kW (107HP) model but produced 110kW (147HP). What they did was to improve the cooling to the inverter, which allowed them to send more power to the motor. To save on manufacturing costs I would expect that for the Honda e it is just down to different software mapping (just like there's a difference between Normal and Sport mode, and single pedal mode).
Last edited by keithr on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Sure it is the same engine. Even the Honda CR-V hybrid is using the same engine, however with more bhp, but same 315 Nm.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post