PRICING DETAILS CONFIRMED FOR HONDA E

All Honda E related discussions
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Honda has provided the first official recommended pricing information for the Honda e electric vehicle. The mass production version of the hotly anticipated car will be unveiled today at Frankfurt motor show, following a summer of appearances across Europe for the prototype version, including the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

D5BC20F1-E178-4D43-BAE8-28A96AF24DCA.png

Recommended prices for Honda e will start from £26,160 for the 100kW version, rising to £28,660 for the “Advance” grade that includes further specification and a motor output increased to 113kW. The car will also be available on finance and start from £299 per month for the base grade.

For just an extra £50 a month, customers can order the Honda e Advance which adds Centre Mirror System (in addition to Side Camera Mirror System), Honda parking pilot which aids the driver in parking and is a first in the Honda range, and a premium audio offering.

Those customers that have already placed a reservation will today receive an invitation to contact their local dealer to secure an order, and a place as one of the first customers to receive the car next year.

Order books for the Honda e Advance will be open from 12.30pm today in dealerships across the UK, with those having made a reservation prioritised in the queue, while order books for the Honda e will open in early 2020. The first deliveries of the Honda e Advance will arrive in the UK from early summer 2020.

Phil Webb, head of car at Honda UK, said, “We’re pleased to be able to confirm the pricing for the Honda e. Designed for the urban environment, and originally called the Urban EV, the Honda e has a competitive range of up to 136 miles.

“Honda research has found the average European commute is approximately 30 miles making it more than sufficient. Coupled with the fast charge capability of 80% in 30 minutes and the Honda e is perfect for the urban environment.

“Honda e is the embodiment of the brand’s commitment to electrification and is the next step towards our electric vision for 100% of European sales to be electrified by 2025.”

Order banks for the Honda e Advance are open from today, with orders being taken for the Honda e from early 2020.

* Recommended prices for the all-new Honda e start from £26,160 and £28,660 respectively in Advance trim. Recommended prices for the Honda e include the Government Plug-in Car Grant discount, worth £3,500 at the current level. The value of this Grant is subject to formal approval by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV), which we anticipate will be received in February 2020. OLEV reserve the right to alter or withdraw the Plug In Car Grant at any time. Any changes in the Plug in Car Grant will be reflected in the overall Honda e price. All figures are correct at time of publication but may be subject to change.

vtec

Post by vtec »

What will be the weight of the car exactly? And what will be 0-100 time for the less powerful (100kW/135hp) version? I can't find this information anywhere online. Top speed seems to be 145km/h for both version.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

vtec wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:32 am What will be the weight of the car exactly? And what will be 0-100 time for the less powerful (100kW/135hp) version? I can't find this information anywhere online. Top speed seems to be 145km/h for both version.
As to the weight, the specs suggest:
Kerb Weight (kg) - 1524.6 for the e and 1537 for the e Advance.

0-62: 9.5 s for the e and 8.3 s for the e Advance.
Last edited by rickwookie on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Rob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:19 pm ...Honda e Advance which adds Centre Mirror System (in addition to Side Camera Mirror System)...
Both the comparison section and the features for both models on the UK Honda website suggest the "Centre Camera Mirror System" is standard on both e and e Advance.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 am
Rob wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:19 pm ...Honda e Advance which adds Centre Mirror System (in addition to Side Camera Mirror System)...
Both the comparison section and the features for both models on the UK Honda website suggest the "Centre Camera Mirror System" is standard on both e and e Advance.
You're right, a mistake somewhere but the quote above is direct from Honda's PR team.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Rob wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:11 pm
rickwookie wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:14 am
You're right, a mistake somewhere but the quote above is direct from Honda's PR team.
I could do a whole thread on inaccuracies and inconsistencies across Honda's websites if you like, but I fear it would be quite long!
DaveD62

Post by DaveD62 »

Wow, this is lighter than I expected it to be. The pricing is about what I guessed. We did a bit of shopping around and most people said it would be between 24 and 29 k.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

There was a few scare stories of it being as much as £40k a few months ago! That would have blown it totally for Honda I'm sure. I do think there's been a little bit of under-promising and over-delivering from Honda with the e. Let's hope that trend continues.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post