Climate control too cold?

All Honda E related discussions
omara500

Post by omara500 »

I have regular access to a leaf and an i3, both of which I keep at 21 degrees on a cold day to stay warm.

On the Honda E, I’m bumping it up to above 22 to maintain the same comfort level.

Anyone else finding this too?

iHansz

Post by iHansz »

I also found it very cold (cold wind) in the car, while the temperature was at 21. Noticed that air conditioning (standard?) was on, didn’t see it on the display, and I have now actively turned it off, and it is now comfortable.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Agreed. I always turn the A/C off
I only have the heating on sparingly, preferring to use the seat heater and steering wheel heater.
When on , 21C to 22C
UK based mind
And it’s not winter yet 😳
bogga

Post by bogga »

omara500 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:09 pm Anyone else finding this too?
Yes.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Same here, I set mine to 22.5°C or even 23.5°C at times with the seat & steering wheel heaters also on if its a cold morning, when in other cars I'd only set to a max of 21°C which haven't had heated seats/wheel.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Erm I set my in car temperature to 19°, am I doing something wrong? I use the Aircon sporadically just to demist when I get in with a wet coat etc, so I don't really notice if it's colder than the temperature I set, as for the seats and steering wheel I don't use them yet (I got work at 5:30 on early shift)
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

It definitely seems to have very aggressive cooling. Even with 21 °C selected it keeps blowing chilled air directly down at my legs when the climate is set to auto. On other cars I’d usually have between 18-20 °C selected.
I’ve now taken to setting the temp and then manually turning down the fan speed to minimum.
My preference would be to just be able to direct a little air at the window to keep it clear, but for some reason Honda don’t want us to be able to do that without simultaneously chilling our legs (even though window flow only is definitely supposed to be a thing, according to a technical document I’ve seen).
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I thought the windscreen demist button sent it all to the windscreen?
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:19 pm I thought the windscreen demist button sent it all to the windscreen?
It also turns the blower up high and the AirCon on. I mean just direct airflow at the window only WITHOUT having the system on, like you can for all the other vent positions.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Today I popped on the front demist, turned down the fanspeed and turned AC off, it stayed on the front window only.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post