Demonstrators at £25k

All Honda E related discussions
George Jetson

Post by George Jetson »

A couple of dealer demonstrators have dropped below £25k on Autotrader.
That’s got to be a decent deal right ?
Although what do we think first year ( or 6mth ) depreciation would be normally ?
£50 credit when you switch to Octopus Energy :
https://share.octopus.energy/ivory-cliff-851

keithr

Post by keithr »

I would think it's a good deal, as long as the software/firmware update has been applied to the demonstrator cars that was applied in August to the customer cars prior to shipment. That update improves the range significantly (around 30% or more improvement). The demonstrator cars started arriving in dealers in June, and they didn't have the update.
Isow

Post by Isow »

I’ve also noticed what good value the ex Demos are.
I’m sure the dealers must discount in this economic climate.
I’ve had my Honda e for almost 2 months and I haven’t passed another one on the road.
I have to admit I saw one before I took delivery of my e.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Arrrh! La la la la I don’t want to know 😳
CSX

Post by CSX »

They have probably been charged to 100% on multiple occasions - I’d rather know how mine has been treated - that’s how I’m rationalising it anyhow! 😂
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

keithr wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:15 pm I would think it's a good deal, as long as the software/firmware update has been applied to the demonstrator cars that was applied in August to the customer cars prior to shipment. That update improves the range significantly (around 30% or more improvement). The demonstrator cars started arriving in dealers in June, and they didn't have the update.
Any way to know that update version? Or see that info in the car?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

VW ID3, new on Autotrader £6700 off (inc grant)
Makes me feel a little better 😊
eread

Post by eread »

Somebody at work said they went to a local Honda dealer somewhere in Essex. I can't remember the exact one and said they were offered an Ex-Demo for £24k that had been equipped with the illumination pack and the black plastic mouldings around it. They weren't going in for the E but to look at a Civic 1.6 diesel seen online but they said they were trying to lead them onto it.
keithr

Post by keithr »

FDAD wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:12 pm Any way to know that update version? Or see that info in the car?
There probably is, but I'm afraid I don't know how to access it (or if it's even accessable without dealer tools/software). I believe you can bring up a version number on screen of the infotainment system, but I don't know of a way of seeing the version of the software used by the car's control systems.

But I'd say that if you have a test drive and then work out the range while driving the car gently and economically, and the range works out at only around 100 miles (or less), then the chances are it doesn't have the upgrade.
George Jetson

Post by George Jetson »

Joolsdc wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:18 pm Arrrh! La la la la I don’t want to know 😳
I’d be reassured - the cars are about 6mth old and that’s a 15% ish depreciation drop so sounds pretty good to me. 1st year overall is the worst isn’t it - 30% ish ?
£50 credit when you switch to Octopus Energy :
https://share.octopus.energy/ivory-cliff-851