Wallpaper

All Honda E related discussions
dapimp

Post by dapimp »

I've got the same issue. Downloaded pics from here, tried two different usb sticks, files in the root folder. Car won't find any of them...

Rubbernation

Post by Rubbernation »

I too tried different usb-sticks, all of which work fine for both music and video.
(And yes, milligoon, pics are in root.)

I also tried to update the system, to see if that might help. Put the usb stick in the car and copied the data file with vehicle id required for downloading the update. Then went on my PC to https://usb.honda.com/, followed instructions, uploaded the id-file, and... promptly got an error message saying "server currently unavailable, please try later". What a surprise.
bogga

Post by bogga »

I formatted a 2G USB stick using a USB on-the-go cable plugged into my Android phone, as I knew that the Honda system runs on Android.

Android formatted the USB stick as FAT32.

This works and I haven't had any issues.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I've had issues with USB sticks myself, in my case pictures are seen but music isn't, and in the usb view the stick shows up by name, even when it isn't plugged in! Had two sticks show up in the list with none fitted, almost like it doesn't unmount them! They gave errors on plugging back into pc as well (which could be fixed with a disk error check)
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

milligoon wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:37 pm I've had issues with USB sticks myself, in my case pictures are seen but music isn't, and in the usb view the stick shows up by name, even when it isn't plugged in! Had two sticks show up in the list with none fitted, almost like it doesn't unmount them! They gave errors on plugging back into pc as well (which could be fixed with a disk error check)
I’ve never once managed to mount a USB stick in Windows after it’s been mounted on a Linux system (no matter how it has been unmounted first) without seeing this “error” warning. I always just ignore it now.
Jack E’s Honda

Post by Jack E’s Honda »

Hi,
Just wanted to pop on and say thanks for all the info. My Honda E was delivered on Tuesday, I was looking forward to having a play with the wallpaper, all this info really helped.

Managed to upload a few today, just testing it out.

Honda is black, these seem to work well.

3245B575-7912-4880-8F7D-E53C3F7A3DB4.jpeg

D5D8F8F1-940A-4D27-AC35-A6C12264F296.jpeg

2020 Crystal Black Pearl Advance
Rrylia

Post by Rrylia »

I did this recently, just wanted to mention a couple of things that may help someone in the future. I tried a 64GB SanDisk USB3.0 stick formatted as exFAT and it was not detected by the car. I tried two different sticks which are older, neither are USB3.0, they are smaller (1GB and 2GB) and they are both formatted as FAT32 - both worked fine with exactly the same images loaded on all 3. Hope that helps someone else.
darrenj1

Post by darrenj1 »

Can someone pin which is the correct resolution. As the first page was wrong
scotty c

Post by scotty c »

Jeffers wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:21 pm I had a go with some free software things online and got to this
Image021.jpg
Love this, what software did you use. Would it be easy to change the car to grey?
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

After trying out a variety of wallpapers: the following solution based on a relevant part of the Berlin city map made the most sense to me so far.
In my opinion, it looks quite good, suggests a giant navigation system and is also very useful for a quick glance when you want to avoid a traffic jam...

IMG_9477 2.jpg