Honda E Euro NCap Test

All Honda E related discussions
eread

Post by eread »

The day is finally here 2:50 is a little strange to me but here is the full report link
Last edited by eread on Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Looks strong as I would expect from Honda.
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Hmmmm. That’s a shame. I’d hoped for a 5* rating
Left4Cookies

Post by Left4Cookies »

Looks like children should be extra careful around it.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

That's a little disappointing considering that the latest Honda Jazz got a 5 star rating a couple of weeks ago.

However note that you cannot directly compare to pre 2020 tests because they became more stringent at some point during 2020.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

On a Dutch site about it. "EuroNcap has also destroyed a number of copies of the Honda E in the context of everyone's safety. The roguish electric Japanese scored four stars. According to the test authority, the EV is largely ignoring the fifth star because of the safety systems present and it suggests that the Honda can still 'learn' something from the range of such systems that it provides in the Jazz." I think they are the exact same systems. Only the e rides into a pedestrian and runs over a cyclist (doesn't like the Dutch I suppose).
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Honda need to address the assist systems, which can clearly be done with software, if the assist systems work better then there is less chance of getting into a problem in the first place.
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

eread wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:08 pm

The day is finally here 2:50 is a little strange to me but here is the full report link
Thanks for that eread. A little disappointed in those percentages. What are other small EVe scoring?

Also, that report link is not working for me.
eread

Post by eread »

rickwookie wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:29 pm
eread wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:08 pm

Thanks for that eread. A little disappointed in those percentages. What are other small EVe scoring?

Also, that report link is not working for me.
The website didn't allow for direct linking but this link should work just hit the big "Download Report (PDF)" to view the report. In terms of another EV the Corsa E (and the E208) also scored 4/5 stars but had better adult occupant protection. The E, E208 and Corsa E beat the E-Up because that only scored 3/5. The Nissan leaf has a 5-star rating with really high adult protection and better safety assist/pedestrians and cyclists being hit by the car score (vulnerable road users)

Below is the main comments made
The passenger compartment remained stable in the offset frontal test. Protection of the driver's chest was rated as marginal, based on
measurements of compression, and that of the driver’s lower right leg was rated as poor, also based on dummy readings. Measurements
in the knees and femurs of both driver and passenger dummies indicated a marginal level of protection and the scores for these regions
were penalised owing to potentially injurious structures in the dashboard. The benign front structure of the Honda e did not pose a high
risk to the occupants of a colliding vehicle in a frontal offset impact. In the full-width, rigid wall test, protection was good or adequate for all
critical body regions for both the driver and the rear seat passenger. In both the side barrier test, representing a collision by another
vehicle, and the more severe side pole impact, protection was good all-round and the e scored maximum points for these tests. In an
assessment of protection in far-side impact, dummy excursion (its movement towards the other side of the vehicle) was rated as poor. The
Honda e is not equipped with a counter-measure to prevent occupant to occupant contact in side impacts. Tests on the front seats and
head restraints demonstrated good protection against whiplash injury in the event of a rear-end collision. A geometric assessment of the
rear seats also indicated good whiplash protection. The e does not have a multi-collision braking system but has an advanced e-Call
system which, in the event of an accident, automatically sends a message to the emergency services, giving the car's location.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post