Panel Disassembly [Vinyl Pieces/Centre Console]

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Hi, today the sun 🌞 was shining a little bit and I got to disassemble some panels. ;)

If anyone would like to take a look below there's some pictures. I did not try to remove the centerpiece because I figured it was probably just as the side.
The centre where the drive buttons are located was tricky at first but once you get it going it just lifts easily.

It may be useful for someone trying to wrap it in vinyl or something similar. I did it to help not because I needed it 🀫 😬. I have details about how the door panels come out but couldn't do it yet.

IMG_20201212_153257.jpg

IMG_20201212_153237.jpg

IMG_20201212_153228.jpg

IMG_20201212_152601.jpg

IMG_20201212_152551.jpg

IMG_20201212_152533.jpg

Last edited by FDAD on Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Nice one FDAD

Bit bored today - what shall do? I know take the wooden pieces off my e πŸ˜‚

You are right - will really help those who want to wrap the wood in something else. Clips look the same as those holding the centre speaker cover in place.

For me - please work on extraction of the sub-woofer. I’m too chicken to start without your helpful pictures
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Joolsdc wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm Nice one FDAD

Bit bored today - what shall do? I know take the wooden pieces off my e πŸ˜‚
I laughed more than I should :D

I do want to get back on removing that sub but weather/time is making it difficult.
I wish that it was as easy as the vinyl pieces.
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + βœŒοΈπŸŽ‚
keithr

Post by keithr »

FDAD wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:49 pm I have details about how the door panels come out but couldn't do it yet.
Do you have details about how to remove the overhead switch panel, above the rear view mirror? Many of us have a rattle coming from somewhere near the rear edge of that panel, so being able to safely remove it to try and locate the rattle could be useful. I noticed in the crash test video that was posted last week that in one of the crashes that panel dropped off due to the impact, but it didn't help me figure out how to safely remove the panel.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

keithr wrote: ↑Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:16 pm
FDAD wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:49 pm I have details about how the door panels come out but couldn't do it yet.
Do you have details about how to remove the overhead switch panel, above the rear view mirror? Many of us have a rattle coming from somewhere near the rear edge of that panel, so being able to safely remove it to try and locate the rattle could be useful. I noticed in the crash test video that was posted last week that in one of the crashes that panel dropped off due to the impact, but it didn't help me figure out how to safely remove the panel.
Not in pictures but I already deleted that noise... see that little piece of textile black tape that is present in at side of the side piece? that's all that's needed to stop the noise.
bogga

Post by bogga »

So how do we open it up to add some foam to kill the noise?
Mysterion

Post by Mysterion »

Cheers FDAD, it’s going to help a lot when I wrap mine this weekend πŸ‘
:D Adv. 16" Wheels - Modern Steel Metallic :D
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Mysterion wrote: ↑Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:46 pm Cheers FDAD, it’s going to help a lot when I wrap mine this weekend πŸ‘
Post again here pictures of how it looks with the new vinyl! ;)
Mysterion

Post by Mysterion »

No worries, it may not be to everyone’s taste but I’ll post them once there fitted πŸ‘
:D Adv. 16" Wheels - Modern Steel Metallic :D
Fakeplasticman

Post by Fakeplasticman »

FDAD wrote: ↑Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:49 pm
Not in pictures but I already deleted that noise... see that little piece of textile black tape that is present in at side of the side piece? that's all that's needed to stop the noise.
Hi can you explain what you mean - I assume you mean the black textile tape that is present in the wooden trim in the images above - but where did you add this to eliminate the rattle noise? Many thanks, these teardowns are great even if you are a absolute madman πŸ˜‚

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post