First recall

All Honda E related discussions
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Man-e wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:51 am
advance2020 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:32 pm but it is possible to Switch this Rear Seat Reminder Off, which I did early on. It doesn't take much weight on the back seat for the car to Remind You you have Rear Passengers!

It’s not the rear seatbelt reminder your turning on / off, it’s the notification you get when you turn the power off if the car detected the rear doors open/closed. It to warn you that you may have left something or someone on the back seat. The rear seatbelt reminder is regulation that’s why there is a recall for its operation not showing rear seat status when you start driving.

Page 230 of the owners manual described the seat seat reminder function.
Ok, thanks Man-e
A Senior moment on my part. Will re-read the letter, although I rarely have rear passengers.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Ok first of all, thought for the day:
It’s the year 2021, and yet the stealer had to send someone in a crappy 55 plate Jazz 21 miles to my home, leave said Jazz on my drive all day and take the drive the e 21 miles back to the stealers to plug in a laptop to it and flash a firmware update. Then drive the e 21 miles back to my home, and collect their Jazz and then drive that who knows where.
Tesla could have done this update remotely over-the-air to their vehicles a decade ago.
At the very least, why couldn’t the stealer send the guy in the Jazz with the laptop to just do the update on my drive? Or perhaps they’re worried that if we don’t see the magic happening in their mystical workshop, we may start to wonder why we can’t just do this stuff ourselves in the same way we update any other device we own. 🤷‍♂️I
Man-e wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:51 amThe rear seatbelt reminder is regulation that’s why there is a recall for its operation not showing rear seat status when you start driving..
Do you know when this became regulatory in the UK/EU? Only this is the first car I’ve have with this feature.

Anyway, had the update done today, as far as I’m lead to believe. I have no way of knowing for sure though, since I can’t seem to see any difference from how it was before. The seatbelt “grid” sowing the four statuses shows when you turn on the car, a few seconds after the image of the car appears in the left of the cluster, in the same location. Tbh, the time it takes to come up, I would ordinarily have already started driving by then.

I’m not sure if it comes up EVERY time though. 🤷‍♂️

Oh and yes it’s super annoying that the miles/kWh of Trip A has now been set to the same as what Trip B was reading. 😡

As to the bit about potentially other stuff getting updated, does anyone have a different version of this stuff?

6302C0A9-19B0-4A15-8D6B-15FAE7FA1378.jpeg

Although, are those bits supposed to get over-the-air updates anyway? The car’s certainly not showing any of those ever happening so far...

4808AACF-9DA5-4081-BB1C-0F7FF85BA2BE.jpeg

sbullo

Post by sbullo »

I think I’ll just wait for the first service. Like you’ve described seemed like a huge amount of hassle for very little if any noticeable benefit.
Just checked and I have the same versions you have.
Adv. 16" Wheels
iHansz

Post by iHansz »

This recall is mandatory for Honda (as manufacturer) to perform on all e's affected by this. In the European NCAP crash tests, stars are handed out, not only for the crashworthiness of the car itself, but also for all electronic safety equipment and this rear seat belt reminder is one of them. If Honda were to ignore this, then Honda would maybe have to hand in a star for its safety rating. The Netherlands Vehicle Authority states the following: The seatbelt warning shown on the multi-information display (MID) may not work correctly, if there is a passenger on the back seat and does not fasten his seatbelt this will not be communicated. The passenger in the rear seat may be seriously injured in a collision if they are not wearing a seat belt, and the driver cannot know this because the indication on the display is not working. Possible hazard: Increased risk of injury in the event of an accident. :roll:

I have not been called by the dealer yet but I can see on the website of the Netherlands Vehicle Authority and of Honda itself, that my car should have the software update. The notification is as follows: The vehicle owner is requested to contact the brand dealer or authorized repairer. They will provide the car with a software update. See Honda's website: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/rec ... dates.html and fill in your VIN.
Dutch Advance in Charge Yellow on 17"
1st registered Oct 2020
Home charger: public charging stations only
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

iHansz wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:16 am This recall is mandatory for Honda (as manufacturer) to perform on all e's affected by this. In the European NCAP crash tests, stars are handed out, not only for the crashworthiness of the car itself, but also for all electronic safety equipment and this rear seat belt reminder is one of them. If Honda were to ignore this, then Honda would maybe have to hand in a star for its safety rating. The Netherlands Vehicle Authority states the following: The seatbelt warning shown on the multi-information display (MID) may not work correctly, if there is a passenger on the back seat and does not fasten his seatbelt this will not be communicated. The passenger in the rear seat may be seriously injured in a collision if they are not wearing a seat belt, and the driver cannot know this because the indication on the display is not working. Possible hazard: Increased risk of injury in the event of an accident. :roll:

I have not been called by the dealer yet but I can see on the website of the Netherlands Vehicle Authority and of Honda itself, that my car should have the software update. The notification is as follows: The vehicle owner is requested to contact the brand dealer or authorized repairer. They will provide the car with a software update. See Honda's website: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/rec ... dates.html and fill in your VIN.
I've received my recall letter, but my car seems to warn me correctly.
Yesterday when my daughter sat in the rear it warned me of the seat belt state (initially red, then green when put on), it also warned me when I got home & she unbelted.
Using the rear view camera option means you don't see anyone sat in the rear seats whilst driving, for a split second half way home I thought that I had driven off without her :o
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Getting mine looked at as I type this, and as suspected I am still the only person to buy one from this dealership. I guess pricing has an awful lot to do with that, jazz's appear to be flavour of the day.

Edit. - failed to update, they are going to scratch their heads with Honda🙁
Ex e owner
Thundarian

Post by Thundarian »

Does all this mean that if you put your shopping or luggage on the back seat, you need to plug in the safety belt?
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Had the recall s/w update today for the rear passenger seat belt issue. Fairly painless. I haven’t tested the fix as yet. Whilst in, I got a key fob communication error sorted (something to do with the transmitter needing to be reset). And the wheel nuts and locking wheel nuts are starting to rust, so they will be replaced under warranty. Unfortunately they have to send away for replacements, so couldn’t be fixed today.
I have not downloaded the Garmin map update - I did ask at the dealership, but they said it was an hour to download and I couldn’t wait. So will sort that out myself.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

After living with this "update" for a bit, I would suggest that the problem possibly lies with the switches in the rear seats, and not with the software. Wife sat in the back yesterday and without her putting the seatbelt on, that seat position showed up grey, not red. Then when you shift around a bit in the seat, it changes.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Back at the dealers to get this sorted (I think they forgot!) Asked them to look at some resonance related rattles / squeaks, at least you can have coffee again while I wait!

Edit - software loaded this time but didn't seem to fix seat sensing, mine still warns me when shutting down the car👎

On the noise front they seem to think it's the panelling in front of the mirror, so have asked me to try pressing it when I recreate vibration on my same bits of road on my commute to rule that out, not door windows or shouldn't be as mine has the modified seal? I'll stick a picture up.
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post