Invite from Honda to "Share your experiences of the Honda e"

All Honda E related discussions
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

I’m attending the zoom call on the 6th. Had to sign a document that I won’t discuss. So may not be able to communicate here.
I will certainly share my positive views on the car. Range is not an issue for me. I’m not concerned about the Lane departure warning needing to be turned off each time (I know others are)
I will press for more OTA updates rather than having to drive to a dealership.
Why does the app run so slowly?
When will they enable RFID for Apple phones?
How do they see the car development, like Tesla, with OTA s/w updates?
Why does the car need an annual service rather than usage basis?
Do they follow the forum for regular feedback?
Garmin issue

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Here's an extract from the invite:
The purpose of the discussions is to ask participants for their feedback and opinions on the Honda e
and to better understand what they want from a digital and connected car experience.
Discussions will focus on your experiences of purchasing and driving a Honda e, why you
purchased an electric car, why you chose a Honda e, your experiences of buying the car,
the features you like most and what you might want to see in the future.
Also those attending have to agree to the following:
I agree not to disclose to any third party any confidential or commercially sensitive information about Honda services or products that may be shared in the discussion group.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
eread

Post by eread »

Would anyone mind bringing up the lack of Wireless Android Auto and if a software update is enough to enable it? I don't know if anyone plans on mentioning range as an issue but a touch on that wouldn't go a miss. Someone I know asked if anyone could mention the possibility of partnering with a brand for speakers (e.g. Toyota having JBL) even as a possible retrofit upgrade by dealers.

Please also mention why we don't get the Red Honda E someone... unless they are reserving it for a Honda E type R in the future :lol:
Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

eread, have you not seen the marvellous speaker upgrade work elsewhere in the forum? 😊
I’m not keen to bring up range. I do not see it as an issue. E does what it says on the tin. Like it doesn’t have 4WD or 7 seats.
I will try to remember to ask about wireless Android. I’m an Apple man
bogga

Post by bogga »

Rattles!
Smucker

Post by Smucker »

Could you ask if any potential future upgrades to battery capacity could potentially be retro fitted to out current models? I know that’s kind of getting into range subject but I’m not moaning i promise, I’m actually more thinking in terms of depreciation and future proofing.

(Plus for what’s it’s worth, I’m sure it would help more people take the plunge and buy knowing that there’s potential to upgrade as and when, bit like they did with the leaf I believe?)

Thanks!
keithr

Post by keithr »

Smucker wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:52 am (Plus for what’s it’s worth, I’m sure it would help more people take the plunge and buy knowing that there’s potential to upgrade as and when, bit like they did with the leaf I believe?)
As far as I'm aware no manufacturer offers a battery pack upgrade, including Nissan. There are companies that have worked out ways of making later Nissan LEAF battery packs fit older cars (because the 24, 30 and 40kWh battery packs all share the same size and shape battery pack case), but it's not something that Nissan offers.

What amazes me is that there are some Chinese made electric cars (not for sale outside China yet) that cost about £6,642 and have a 55kWh battery pack (see video). If we could get cars that cheaply then I think there would be less concern about upgrading battery packs - it would be cheaper to just buy a new car!
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

I haven't signed up for Zoom session, but I did “feedback” to Honda and got a positive response.
This is link to my WordPress that I shared with Honda.
https://blackrocket2000.wordpress.com/2 ... -to-fault/
Many of you guys may have seen this before, but there are many more Owners on the Forum now. Still switching off RDM as I set off. If not, RDM sometimes steers me towards centre line of B roads, which is crazy.
Still happy with my car. Rarely bother using the App. Getting 4+m/kWh even though weather in UK is far from “warm” yet.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Totally agree about the RDM, it's really poor and at least once or twice per drive on country roads it pulls me toward oncoming traffic, I can't think of any occasion where it's done the right thing.
Would much prefer to have the option to turn it off completely.
Adv. 16" Wheels
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Could you ask that they develope the in car EV system to reveal more data on what is happening in the car, it's an EV we could do with more core geeky data on the battery and the motor
Ex e owner

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post