My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

According to the Honda Connected Services support the problem with the missing connection between e and server should have been fixed as of today.
What is the situation like for those of you who are affected?
Unfortunately, no change for me...

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Designerroger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 7:15 pm
RAL7004 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am
Designerroger wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:33 am Hey guys,

Have had my Honda e for some while now. This month I’ve had problems connecting to it. Its like the app aint working with the car anymore. Purchased the digital key plan but my app is still the same as before. As you can see on the images, its 25 days since last i got a connection with the car. Anyone else has this problem?! Im lost on what todo here?

I’ve tried to stay in the car with the car turned on. I’ve tried to move the car around to see if that would fix it. But no luck. Tried to factory reset the car and deleted the app on my IPhone and redownloaded whitout any luck.
Yes, that is a problem that many here have. Honda (or "Honda Connected Services") knows about it. Until now, people were always put off with the new version of the app. As we now know, this did not lead to a solution. I suspect they don't know what the problem is. It obviously concerns the communication between the vehicle and the server. Since the server is presumably the same for all Honda cars, the problem must lie with the respective vehicles or the communication unit installed in them.

I'll wait another week (the problem will have existed for over a month), then we'll probably take the vehicle to Honda for repair.
And londiniumperson, i have reinstalled the app alot of times and that has'nt made it so the connection to my car has been lost. I guess its linked to my account and not the app itself.
That's good to know, originally anyone that deleted the app after it had been working, then found that they had to get Connected Services involved to resynchronise to the reinstalled app.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
Keawon

Post by Keawon »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:38 am According to the Honda Connected Services support the problem with the missing connection between e and server should have been fixed as of today.
Same here, I did even reinstalled the app.
Worthless piece of shit.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

I have uninstalled my app and forced stop etc several times over the last few days investigating digital key issue and had no problems whatsoever getting the app back up and running with the car (apart from the digital key that is)
Ex e owner
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

RAL7004 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:38 am According to the Honda Connected Services support the problem with the missing connection between e and server should have been fixed as of today.
Still not working for me either. Exactly four weeks now since last connection. Did they email or call you to give you this info?
sbullo

Post by sbullo »

Still not working for me either. 31 days. Finally logged a ticket with Honda last week. So far not heard back.
Adv. 16" Wheels
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Same here.
The experts at Honda Connected Services will thank you for your patience and promise to find a solution.
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

When talking about this issue can people state on each post what Phone and OS version they are using, it may give others a hint as to what to expect.

Me for instance
Sony Xperia 1 version 1
Android 11
Main app 5.4.2/3 (android report/in app version) works digi key not working
Ex e owner
RAL7004

Post by RAL7004 »

Sure:
iPhone 11Pro
iOS 14.6
App 5.4.3

However, I'm pretty sure the problem is not on the phone/app side. The communication between the vehicle and Honda's server is broken. Therefore, this information from the car may be more important:

assasasasaqwqwq.jpg

rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

3834C300-9C14-4494-B05A-9F7E5F182AD9.jpeg

Probably easier to get the relevant info for the TCU without having to hack into the advance diagnostics by using:
All Apps > System Updates > Settings > Version Status

6D4FAEA6-F8C3-49B3-8A12-A1AB5271E251.jpeg

But fwiw:

1D46403C-0B62-43B0-BF98-5BA7BBEB3020.jpeg

I expect everyone has the same TCU version since Honda don’t appear to have updated anything since launch.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post