Hi from a California Transplant

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
Derp

Post by Derp »

Hello Folks!

I just moved to the UK from San Francisco with my fiancé in January and I've decided to make all my American friends jealous by buying myself a honda e. We're going to pick up the car later today and I'm so excited and a bit nervous. I read through the forum a bit and have started a list of things to check before leaving the dealership (Startin Honda in Worcester, which I saw a couple of you might have also bought your E's from too!)

It's my first time buying a brand new car, an electric car, and I'm still very new to British culture and England in general. I'm new to so many things today so if anyone feels like sharing any pearls of wisdom, I will happily boost your ego by validating your sage wisdom. :D

Side rant, so far I have learned that pod point is useless. Been calling every day for nearly three weeks after they took my money for installing a home charger and still it's crickets. Luckily I can dispute the charge on my credit card if push come to shove. Anyone have recommendations for at home charge points? I saw some folks mentioned Zappi on another thread.

londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

Welcome, not just to the Honda e community but also to the UK.
I can recommend the Ohme home charger, it's not the prettiest but it does have a decent app and if you're intending to use a TOU electric tariff then it is probably the best choice from a functionality point.
2022 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

Hi Derp and welcome (to both the forum and the UK!)

Here's a couple of comparison sites for some of the better home charge points:

https://www.chargedev.co.uk/at-home/
https://www.apielectrical.co.uk/electri ... nt-brands/
milligoon

Post by milligoon »

Welcome if you like cricket(s)! then you've come to the right country. (I guess it's to early for odd British humour?)

Very surprised you went for such a small (and battery) car given the size of some of the cars in the states. Given some of the hills in San Francisco and the grid layouts Britain will seem a bit weird especially on some of our tighter roadways, is that part of the reason for a small car over here?

Now the important bit what colour? and we will demand pictures😁

Enjoy your new ride.
Ex e owner
Derp

Post by Derp »

Sqweeee ❤️ I love it. Next step, naming.

It's grey with the black urban pack put on. Gotta snap some photos to share.

😂 I've always been a fan of smaller cars, but I will freely admit a big benefit for me was car size to road size being closer to what I'm used to with big fat American roads haha. But mainly, its just such a cool car. I was debating between a honda e, a fiat pop and a Nissan Figaro. I think I made the right choice.
Marmite

Post by Marmite »

Welcome to UK, e forum and all :D

Hopefully this wet May will go soon and you will be able to enjoy British summer! At least you don't need to go up & down so many hills like in San francisco with your e. You may miss Sourdough bread though - I still dream of them from years ago memory :lol: no comparison existed in the UK!!
2020 e Advance : Modern Steel Metallic + blue accent :mrgreen:
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

The wet weather IS the British summer. 😂
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Hi Derp,

It's gone a little quiet, just wondering if you jumped in the car from the left and are still at the dealer, everything OK!?!

I was also wondering brought you to our fine island. I've never been to SF and should probably head-over next time I fly over to the US. I've only been to NM once on business but never took the opportunity to explore.