Traffic sign recognition system display - Re-enabled on startup?

All Honda E related discussions
Fed

Post by Fed »

Carpasio wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:23 am Quite a few villages in my area have set up imitation speed limit signs such as “20 is plenty” in a 30 mph zone. The car recognises the 20mph even though it's not legal.
My question was not about the ability of the car to reckognise or not a sign but rather it's behavior on changing the ACC speed currently set.
Assuming you set your ACC to 30 does the car automatically lower the speed limit to 20 after picking up that sign ?
I don't seem to be observing this behavior hence my question. The ACC on a different car I own does so I (probably wrongly) assumed it would be the same with the e.

ZoeDave

Post by ZoeDave »

Fed wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:03 am
Carpasio wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:23 am Quite a few villages in my area have set up imitation speed limit signs such as “20 is plenty” in a 30 mph zone. The car recognises the 20mph even though it's not legal.
My question was not about the ability of the car to reckognise or not a sign but rather it's behavior on changing the ACC speed currently set.
Assuming you set your ACC to 30 does the car automatically lower the speed limit to 20 after picking up that sign ?
I don't seem to be observing this behavior hence my question. The ACC on a different car I own does so I (probably wrongly) assumed it would be the same with the e.
I'm pretty sure that the car will not override your set speed if it's happy that there are no obstacles in the way. I'm not someone who will deliberately break the speed limit, so can't say if the car will do 80 in a 60 etc but it will regularly go 1 above the limit. (knowing that there is no way that it will actually be above the limit). I've also encountered a few works areas almost completely dismantled where I've been overtaken by everyone, while still briefly going 5-10 over the signs left behind.

Now, if your car gets done for indecent exposure for all the flashing of the speed limit sign on the dashboard, you don't need a forum, you need a lawyer!
AshCvic24

Post by AshCvic24 »

Hi All
so i have just taken delivery of my new 24 plate Civic e-Hev, the road sign recognition system is annoying! so yes, you can disable it for individual journeys but it re-enables itself on start up.
I called Honda in Northampton the next day to ask why it does this.. and they said someone else had brought their new civic back with the same issue. It isn't right; as the models they have they use for test driving is a 72 plate and a 23 plate and neither have this fault. The vehicle settings should give another option to turn the beep off permanently. I am awaiting a call back from the tech department,

i have found a way to get around the beep in the interim... when you go over the speed limit and the beep starts.. take your foot off to go down 1mph and the beep will stop. and you can carry on speeding hahah
but then when you hit the next road sign speed limit you have to do the same again... the road sign on the panel will continue to flash though!

i love love love this civic... probably the best yet but this little fault is driving me mad and makes me not want to do little trips where i turn the car on and off a few times.... help!!!
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I don't think anyone has an 11th gen civic here?

The 10th gen does recognise speed limit signs, but it doesn't enforce them automatically (it can optionally enforce/warn, but you don't have to turn it off each time thankfully).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
555djx

Post by 555djx »

AshCvic24 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:42 am Hi All
so i have just taken delivery of my new 24 plate Civic e-Hev, the road sign recognition system is annoying! so yes, you can disable it for individual journeys but it re-enables itself on start up.
I called Honda in Northampton the next day to ask why it does this.. and they said someone else had brought their new civic back with the same issue. It isn't right; as the models they have they use for test driving is a 72 plate and a 23 plate and neither have this fault. The vehicle settings should give another option to turn the beep off permanently. I am awaiting a call back from the tech department,

i have found a way to get around the beep in the interim... when you go over the speed limit and the beep starts.. take your foot off to go down 1mph and the beep will stop. and you can carry on speeding hahah
but then when you hit the next road sign speed limit you have to do the same again... the road sign on the panel will continue to flash though!

i love love love this civic... probably the best yet but this little fault is driving me mad and makes me not want to do little trips where i turn the car on and off a few times.... help!!!
Your question may be better asked here:
https://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/forums/11th-gen.133/
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22