Help - warning lights all over dash

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Another failure us honda E folk can look forward too. More than a few people have reported it now which is worrying as the booster is a critical safety item.

Let's hope they do a recall !
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

Hondaprone

Post by Hondaprone »

Anyone had this dashboard warning ?

IMG_4756.jpeg

E-vteclover

Post by E-vteclover »

Low battery keyfob
Drlinkin

Post by Drlinkin »

To the original poster and anyone with the multiple brake-related dashboard lights/dodgy brake pedal.

I’ve just solved the same issue on mine, after a rather worrying, infuriating and (inevitably) ruinous financial outcome proposed by the main dealer.

There’s a recall for this same issue in Japan by the way. Honda UK’s response? Never heard of it sir.

I’ve taken pictures and I’m the process of writing a how-to guide to fix it. May still cost a few quid, but nothing like the thousands of pounds/euros a main dealer repair would cost (even in warranty, it seems) and also without the lengthy back order for the part in question.

Happy to diagnose and help owners in around West Sussex/Surrey if needed.
kotschy

Post by kotschy »

Drlinkin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm To the original poster and anyone with the multiple brake-related dashboard lights/dodgy brake pedal.

I’ve just solved the same issue on mine, after a rather worrying, infuriating and (inevitably) ruinous financial outcome proposed by the main dealer.

There’s a recall for this same issue in Japan by the way. Honda UK’s response? Never heard of it sir.

I’ve taken pictures and I’m the process of writing a how-to guide to fix it. May still cost a few quid, but nothing like the thousands of pounds/euros a main dealer repair would cost (even in warranty, it seems) and also without the lengthy back order for the part in question.

Thank you Drlinkin, a detailed how to fix it yourself would be very helpful
2020 Advance Charge Yellow
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

kotschy wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:12 pm
Drlinkin wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:08 pm To the original poster and anyone with the multiple brake-related dashboard lights/dodgy brake pedal.

Thank you Drlinkin, a detailed how to fix it yourself would be very helpful
Everything can be fixed and a guide would be much appreciated!
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
E-vteclover

Post by E-vteclover »

Great.
Bye the way.
Does the work"fixing" improves the function or future problems?
Or just that you dont have to buy a whole new same part
Cobb2

Post by Cobb2 »

I don't own a Honda E but I do own a Honda Jazz which has the brake simulator fault which appears to be the same on the E.
Honda UK must surely be aware of the problem by now since on the Uk Club Jazz.org forum our members have already reported 8 cases in the last few months and we are also aware of the Japanese recall. Some of our Dealers have also reported large numbers of the fault on 2 - 3 1/2 year old cars with low mileages including the E. Honda UK are only currently offering a small contribution (to a very large repair bill) to out of warranty cars despite this being a manufacturing fault and a brake safety issue. Some of our members are already beginning to take the issue up with Honda UK and if necessary contact relevant Consumer organisations if Honda do not do the right thing.
The relevant section is under Honda Jazz Mk4 and the following web address should take you there if you want to see it https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16448.0

At the time of writing this it runs to 10 pages.

I am sure our members would appreciate it if some of you wanted to join the thread and add your experiences, but I think you would need to register first like I have on yours.
Cobb2

Post by Cobb2 »

Certainly be interested to see what your solution is Drlinkin
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Cobb2 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:54 pm I don't own a Honda E but I do own a Honda Jazz which has the brake simulator fault which appears to be the same on the E.
Honda UK must surely be aware of the problem by now since on the Uk Club Jazz.org forum our members have already reported 8 cases in the last few months and we are also aware of the Japanese recall. Some of our Dealers have also reported large numbers of the fault on 2 - 3 1/2 year old cars with low mileages including the E. Honda UK are only currently offering a small contribution (to a very large repair bill) to out of warranty cars despite this being a manufacturing fault and a brake safety issue. Some of our members are already beginning to take the issue up with Honda UK and if necessary contact relevant Consumer organisations if Honda do not do the right thing.
The relevant section is under Honda Jazz Mk4 and the following web address should take you there if you want to see it https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=16448.0

At the time of writing this it runs to 10 pages.

I am sure our members would appreciate it if some of you wanted to join the thread and add your experiences, but I think you would need to register first like I have on yours.
The discussions on this are across several threads, including viewtopic.php?t=1542 where the Jazz and Japan recall are referenced.

But solidarity and all that, it's a difficult situation to say the least.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post