Gone Electric!

New to the Honda E Forums? Introduce yourself here
RecklessEngineer

Post by RecklessEngineer »

Hi all, just bought a second hand E and thought I'd better join the forum to learn more about it, so hi!

Been really enjoying the car so far, have had it a week now and it makes my 50 mile commute much more fun.

First job is to get the dash cam plumbed in, but any general advice for a first timer would be much appreciated!

Sounds like the 12V battery is a problem, so will be getting a battery jumper. I've also noticed the driver side door handle didn't always fully retract, but seems more reliable now with a bit of regular use.

Also tried a Tesla Supercharger that I pass to get to and from work, in case I'm ever really stuck, worked fine for the 20 minutes I used it, but only saw the horror stories on here after using it!

Also debating if it's worth the £72 Honda want to get the TCU recoded to me so I can use the app, would love to see the battery charge and start the climate remotely but does this only work over WiFi? Or can it work with the esim data as well?

Lots to learn with this little guy, but enjoying the experience so far!

EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Welcome,

I'm just about to have both my door handles replaced under warranty. It is a semi-common issue so even if you are out of warranty, worth asking your dealer.

There is a loom for the 'official' dashcam that intercepts something under the dash. There is a post on here with the manual, it may well list the part numbers for the loom, which you might be able to get separately to assist in wiring in a different unit.

for 72quid, its not worth it. You can start preheating on the fob which is just as useful 8 times out of 10. Lock the car, press and hold the fan button, indicators will flash 2x 3 times. The app isn't worth it really if you have to pay for it.

The connected services work over esim, so long as the car has mobile signal.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

RecklessEngineer wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:28 am First job is to get the dash cam plumbed in, but any general advice for a first timer would be much appreciated!
As EEEE stated, there is an official dashcam, but it's very expensive and image quality might not be as good as (good) aftermarket cameras.

These photos by londiniumperson were very useful when I wired mine (Viofo A119S).
2022 e Advance
RecklessEngineer

Post by RecklessEngineer »

Thanks, that's good to know about the dash cam and door handles, and what I was leaning towards with the app/remote climate start. Sounds like I'd be better off buying a battery jumper with that money!
Verone

Post by Verone »

Wiring in a dashcam is really easy. I went for a Garmin 2 mini, and a constant power cable that plugs into the OBD port by the driver's side door.

It's almost as if the e was built for running wiring - I didn't even need to remove any trim pieces to do so as there's a nice big channel along the back of the a-pillar that you can just feed the cable into past the door seal, then route it around the top of the windshield. All it takes is a gentle bit of feeding with your hands, and you can get the cable behind the interior a-pillar trim, plus down the side of the dashboard to the OBD plug.

It took me about five minutes to run the cable, and it's worked great since!
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
asjo

Post by asjo »

Verone wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:11 pm It took me about five minutes to run the cable, and it's worked great since!
Could you snap a couple of pictures and show how it looks? I'm curious :-)
Verone

Post by Verone »

asjo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:58 pm
Verone wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:11 pm It took me about five minutes to run the cable, and it's worked great since!
Could you snap a couple of pictures and show how it looks? I'm curious :-)
Sure, I'll grab some pics in the morning :)
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post