Electrical Problems

All Honda E related discussions
Juliok321

Post by Juliok321 »

a quick update - the car in this morning - its apparently the Pedal Feel Simulator Set - and its going to cost £2679 including fitting to get fixed. Absolute joke

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

Juliok321 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 am a quick update - the car in this morning - its apparently the Pedal Feel Simulator Set - and its going to cost £2679 including fitting to get fixed. Absolute joke
:shock:

From the spares thread, the part suggested was;

Electric Servo Brake (“Brake Booster”) - 01469-TYF-J01 SIMULATOR SET, BRAKE OPERATING (REWRITABLE).
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

MattHero wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:37 am
Juliok321 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 am a quick update - the car in this morning - its apparently the Pedal Feel Simulator Set - and its going to cost £2679 including fitting to get fixed. Absolute joke
:shock:

From the spares thread, the part suggested was;

Electric Servo Brake (“Brake Booster”) - 01469-TYF-J01 SIMULATOR SET, BRAKE OPERATING (REWRITABLE).
I don't believe that there isn't a single other car in the world that doesn't use the same part....
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

One of the problems with part similarity is that whilst parts might be physically identical, the operating parameters between them are not. That means whilst an ABS modulator for one VW golf will be physically identical to another golf, they will be coded accordingly for wheel size , suspension, weight, hatchback vs estate etc.

I suspect the part is fairly unique though since honda do not make any other EVs of the same lineage.

Sorry to hear about the price though, that's pretty rough! around 10% of the purchase price, or maybe 20% of the 2nd hand price given the recent plummet in values. Scary to think about...
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

EEEE wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:30 pm Sorry to hear about the price though, that's pretty rough! around 10% of the purchase price, or maybe 20% of the 2nd hand price given the recent plummet in values. Scary to think about...
Given I'm about to get an estimate for a similar amount when mine gets seen in a few weeks (finally), it's really shaken me. Sure it hadn't been an exactly perfect ownership experience for my first ever new car so far, but I was still broadly happy with it. This sort of potential bill after just having paid off the finance bubble is a horrible shock.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

And they wonder why people are reluctant to switch to EVs. Whilst people might see that as hyperbole unrelated to the car being an EV - the part in question wouldn't be nearly so complicated/expensive/fault prone if it was an ICE equivalent.

I would hazard a guess that the failure of the module is not even absolute. It would be interesting to know exactly what fault code is reported by the module to see if it can be repaired somehow. ABS units often have simple failings and can be rebuilt for a fraction of what was mentioned above. If anyone can get detailed fault diagnostics that would help people in the future (just think, 10 years from now someone will want the info and the original owners will have long abandoned their accounts on this forum).
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Does anyone here that has already replaced it still has the old broken part?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I would suggest that those with this issue, exercise their rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 because any consumer would expect a part like that to last longer than a few years.
If anyone does go down this route, please respond on the outcome.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
mrdo

Post by mrdo »

Yes, please keep us updated. Worrying to hear of quite a few failures after what I would consider extremely low mileage.
Reuben80

Post by Reuben80 »

People who had this failure did they use one pedal drive as their main driving mode? Trying to figure out if one pedal driving might increase the risk of failure.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post