12V battery issues

All Honda E related discussions
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

it is interesting , the first incident (5am to 8am) is different to the 3pm to 6pm.

Morning - battery voltage is not returning to 13.2v float charging during HV charging. As you say, HV charging has finished so 13.2v float charging stops also. I observe the same.

Evening - HV battery is still charging, so 12v is still float charged to 13.2, but this is still not enough to replenish the drain, as you can see the dropped voltage getting lower and lower each time. I suspect your HV charging did not finish until 6pm perhaps?

Either way the drain is still the same each time. ~20 minute duration with a small disconnect each time. I can't think of anything that would operate with such a precise time frame that wasn't computer driven.

Let us know what your graph looks like today!

You could try disconnecting the battery to reset everything, but if you replaced the battery it is likely that has already occurred on a previous day. That is a good thing, because it means you can help us narrow down on the issue!

Do you have a thermal camera by any chance? lol.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

Marcin

Post by Marcin »

Początek ładowania 15 do 20.14 i dokładnie po ładowaniu zaczyna się to samo co wczoraj :(
Poczekam 1 godz i odłączę typ 2
Marcin Sapała
Marcin

Post by Marcin »

Screenshot_20240113_215650_ANCEL BM200.jpg

Screenshot_20240113_215635_ANCEL BM200.jpg

Marcin Sapała
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Translation:

Charging starts 15.00 to 20.14 and exactly after charging, the same thing as yesterday starts
I will wait 1 hour and disconnect type 2

Do you have live readout of the voltage from your battery monitor? Whilst the fault is happening, it might be worth trying to systematically work out what disrupts it.

With the car locked and fob far away, try pulling each of the door handles fully a few times.
Then try lock and unlock via fob.
Open and close boot.
Open and close all doors 1 at a time.
If that doesn't seem to resolve/stop/alter it, try rolling up and down each window.

Standing next to the vehicle, can you hear anything? Any pumps running perhaps?
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Marcin

Post by Marcin »

Wiem jak jest w moim przypadku.Kiedy typ 2 jest podłączony do auta po zakończeniu ladowania 100%EV ,zaczyna pobierać prąd z bateri 12 v ,bo nadal działa cały czas system złącza typ 2,komunikacja ,elektromagnes trzyma złacze gniazda itp.Sprawdza na bieżaco czy jest potrzebne ładowanie i wtedy występują na wykresie te skoki napiecia i tak cały czas do puki go nie wyciągniemy z gniazda.Jak to trwa długo,to bateria 12 słabnie i przy niekorzystnych okolicznościach może wykończyć baterię.Wyłaczyłem w ładowarce system pug&play i też nie pomaga.

Screenshot_20240113_232917_ANCEL BM200.jpg

Screenshot_20240113_233225_ANCEL BM200.jpg

Marcin Sapała
Fortunatus

Post by Fortunatus »

Presumably you've checked all cells ? Excuse my naivety as a newbie.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

tranlsation:

I know how it is in my case. When type 2 is connected to the car, after 100% EV charging, it starts drawing power from the 12v battery, because the type 2 connector system is still working, communication, the electromagnet holds the socket connector, etc. I check it on an ongoing basis whether charging is needed and then these voltage spikes appear on the graph and so on until we unplug it from the socket. If it lasts for a long time, the battery 12 weakens and in unfavourable circumstances it can kill the battery. I turned off the pug & play system in the charger and it doesn't help either .

What was different about 12:30am onwards last night? This is what my 12v looks like after HV charging finishes. Slowly bleed off surface charge from 13v to 12.7, with 2 hour mini 'pips' because the HV charger is still connected.

This shows that it is slightly intermittent - the problem comes back after charging started at 3:30pm finishes just after 8pm. Again another difference is the 10:30pm hiccup.

Does the car get wet at all? Have you tried the suggestions above regarding the doors? Do you have access to diagnostic equipment?
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Marcin

Post by Marcin »

Wczoraj testowałem na ElectroNite Z-box to on jest winowajcą drenowania bateri 12
Dzisiaj podłączyłem ładowarkę Honda co jest na wyposażeniu auta.Oryginalna ładowarka podstawowa nie ma takiego problemu :).Teraz pytanie ,czy klienci co mieli problemy z baterią czasami nie używali zamienników mało kompatybilnych z Hondą E .
W moim przypadku to było przyczyną
Nigdy nie miałem problemu z klamkami ,zauważyłem tylko jak myję samochód to czujniki klamek szaleją,ale identycznie szaleją woim Jezzie e:hev a bateria od nowości

20240113_222006.jpg

20240113_222003.jpg

Marcin Sapała
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

translation:

Yesterday I tested the ElectroNite Z-box and it is the culprit of battery drain 12
Today I connected the Honda charger that comes with the car. The original basic charger does not have such a problem :). Now the question is whether customers who had problems with the battery sometimes used substitutes that were not compatible with the Honda E.
In my case this was the reason
I've never had a problem with the door handles, I only noticed when I wash the car that the door handle sensors go crazy, but they do the same thing in mine Jezzie e:hev and the battery is new

Glad you are making progress! I would wait a few days/week to be 100% sure it is the charger. It may well be, but hard to tell after just 1 session.

I suspect many customers reporting 12v flat battery issues are not experiencing your problem. Most UK supplied e came with the honda charger, and in both my instances the flat battery occured when not plugged in to the charger.

As you have noticed, the door handles are an issue, and it seems water ingress is part of the problem. The battery does not cause the handle issue, we suspect the handle issue causes the battery issue.
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Rew1mac

Post by Rew1mac »

[Fob response question]
The car unlocks and lights come on every time a member of the family with key in pocket walks past.
This drains the 12v ancillary battery and makes the car vulnerable to intrusion for a short time.
I have searched the manual for some way to stop this happening but not yet found the answer.
Question.
Is it possible to configure the car so that it will only unlock the doors if a driver presses the correct button a fob, but not respond to a fob that is only passing by?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post