My Honda+

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:27 am
MattHero wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 am Update: I did a phone upgrade yesterday and with both phones active, adding the second app creates a simple alert on the original device, which you just have to acknowledge (then you can factory reset the original without issues). Both A11 devices, no idea on iOS I'm afraid.
I assume this is two devices with the same login? - Yes, this was because Matt was upgrading this phone, and hence transferring to new phone.
Could anyone let me know how it works with two users with separate devices - do you create different logins and somehow "share" the car from one to the other?
rick: I know you can "Invite Drivers" via the MyHonda+ app - never tried it. (Fortunately the wife has her own car). Go to Manage Vehicle

645AD056-0BB8-44BA-ACFA-922E720E7E02.jpeg

Also seen a Honda video about the App, which shows 2 people using the App and sharing the car. Maybe check this out on YouTube Honda
So I suppose each person downloads the App onto their own device (assume separate Accounts and Logins).
Let's hope the second Drivers doesn't have to go through the Connecting the App to Car process with VIN etc.
Maybe it can be done with Reg No. and/or you Authorising by Inviting a Driver.

Good luck - maybe others have tried and succeeded.
Platinum White Pearl: e-driving green at last, on R17 Michelin Pilot Sport
A fan of One Pedal Driving max >>> and physical buttons

MattHero

Post by MattHero »

MattHero wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:31 am Update: I did a phone upgrade yesterday and with both phones active, adding the second app creates a simple alert on the original device, which you just have to acknowledge (then you can factory reset the original without issues). Both A11 devices, no idea on iOS I'm afraid.
Obviously, with this app there are always going to be surprises and after a happy 5 days on the new phone with everything working, it's now stuck on the validating device stage and dumps you back at the "we could not log you in" error. So another email to Connected Services - who had assured me this process was as easy as described above - to see if they can resolve.

It's not great is it?
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
SwissChris

Post by SwissChris »

Have you tried it again after a couple of hours? The servers at Honda seem to be overloaded sometimes...
MattHero

Post by MattHero »

SwissChris wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:13 pm Have you tried it again after a couple of hours? The servers at Honda seem to be overloaded sometimes...
Every couple of hours since to no avail.
2020 Advance Charge Yellow on 16s.
rickwookie

Post by rickwookie »

advance2020 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:06 pm
rickwookie wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:27 am
I assume this is two devices with the same login? - Yes, this was because Matt was upgrading this phone, and hence transferring to new phone.
Could anyone let me know how it works with two users with separate devices - do you create different logins and somehow "share" the car from one to the other?
rick: I know you can "Invite Drivers" via the MyHonda+ app - never tried it. (Fortunately the wife has her own car). Go to Manage Vehicle
645AD056-0BB8-44BA-ACFA-922E720E7E02.jpeg
Also seen a Honda video about the App, which shows 2 people using the App and sharing the car. Maybe check this out on YouTube Honda
So I suppose each person downloads the App onto their own device (assume separate Accounts and Logins).
Let's hope the second Drivers doesn't have to go through the Connecting the App to Car process with VIN etc.
Maybe it can be done with Reg No. and/or you Authorising by Inviting a Driver.

Good luck - maybe others have tried and succeeded.
Fortunately it all went very smoothly at the dealers on Thursday afternoon after following those instructions to the letter. Had to prompt them though as they were all ready to let us drive the car away without them having done the SIM switch first.

I set it up on my wife’s iPhone first (it’s her car) having first created an account using her email and details (I’d forgotten how long winded that bit was from when I did it on my phone!) and then after we had added the car and enabled the core subscription and then after that added the other subscription, I THEN went through the invite driver setup, giving it my email address (the one used to setup my account on my iPhone) and almost immediately got the email confirmation. When I then logged in to MyHonda+ on my iPhone I was greeted with an Accept Invite button, and it all worked right away. The Core Connectivity package was pending initially, but by the time we’d driven home it was all working.

What I will say though, is that the app is INCREDIBLY laggy to do anything. I understand that it has to relay data to and from the vehicle, but that should be able to happen in a fraction of a second, not 10 seconds or more!

Also, I no clue how to set the temperature remotely. I only seem to have the option of Colder, Normal or Warmer, but when I click to “Set target temperature”, it just sends that request (whatever “that” is?) to the car and starts a half-hour countdown. 🤷‍♂️
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

Good to know it worked well for you. And this detailed account could help others. But welcome to the world of MyHonda+. As it’s free, it’s tempting to use, but often it’s quicker (and less stressful) to walk to your car, and forget trying to “Operate Remotely” via the App.
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

advance2020 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:43 am Good to know it worked well for you. And this detailed account could help others. But welcome to the world of MyHonda+. As it’s free, it’s tempting to use, but often it’s quicker (and less stressful) to walk to your car, and forget trying to “Operate Remotely” via the App.
That's a perfectly a understandable pragmatic view, however the Honda e has & still is being advertised & sold on how useful the app features are, therefore the app is a significant part of the advertised product.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
advance2020

Post by advance2020 »

londiniumperson wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:09 am
advance2020 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:43 am Good to know it worked well for you. And this detailed account could help others. But welcome to the world of MyHonda+. As it’s free, it’s tempting to use, but often it’s quicker (and less stressful) to walk to your car, and forget trying to “Operate Remotely” via the App.
That's a perfectly a understandable pragmatic view, however the Honda e has & still is being advertised & sold on how useful the app features are, therefore the app is a significant part of the advertised product.
Ok. I have had days when I have been very annoyed and disappointed with Honda. And then I reflect, and wonder whether I have been too harsh, and complained too much.

But you are right, and in this day & age, it is reasonable to expect to be connected with your car, esp. if you live in an urban area and have good 4G coverage.

However, being realistic for now, we need to lower New Owners expectations, because MyHonda+ can be a huge and disappointing distraction from enjoying their new car.

By all means keep taking the fight to Honda UK. I think they already know from my twitter rants that my opinion of Honda Uk & Honda Europe has sunk to an all time low. Their Brand Reputation has been tarnished by Delivery delays without direct communication, the e-sim connection saga, and now the Apps tardy and unreliable performance.

D7EE931D-C452-4801-967C-C600CF2C78C9.png

sbullo

Post by sbullo »

So, after waiting almost 7 weeks for the connected services team to fix my "In progress" subs, they finally reset them this afternoon, and I was able to add the core connectivity successfully and connect the app to the car. 7 weeks!!! what a mess.
I guess I'm now onto the next stage and experiencing the unreliable service / bugs in the app. :lol: :shock: :|

Car still amazing though, so won't dwell too much on the crappy app.
Adv. 16" Wheels
Sousaphone

Post by Sousaphone »

Apart from the loading/contact the car times being ridiculous, my app actually works flawlessly and has from day one. <insert unicorn emoji here>

Then again, I did read up on everything here, and didn't try to activate anything but the base package first. My dealer decided to make that standard procedure for the next customers...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post