16 v 17 inch wheels, also when to buy?

All Honda E related discussions
Knocker

Post by Knocker »

Hi,

Gonna buy a Honda e but unsure best time to buy to get the biggest discount? Some people have advised me to pop into my local dealer on New Year's Eve and make an offer, others have said wait till new registrations in march. Have already got a car wow offer of £29600 (for the silver coloured most expensive advance model) . Never bought brand new before so would welcome any suggestions?

Also was thinking of ordering one with 16 inch rims to cut down on road noise and would improve range (ish), I'm a complete Nancy when I drive so I'm not really that bothered about losing a bit of handling...? Is there anyone out there who has bought an advance with 16 inch rims and what are your thoughts please??

Many Thanks

Joolsdc

Post by Joolsdc »

Good decision to buy an e. But this is the site for it
There is a pretty equal split between 16 & 17” wheels here too
I preferred the look of the 17” so went for that. Can’t comment on the noise difference, but the e is generally quiet anyway. I preferred the grip & idea of a Michelin tyre

You will find pre-owned / demo cars on Autotrader for less money. You will also find what individuals negotiated elsewhere on this site.

Good luck
555djx

Post by 555djx »

On Wednesday I’m picking up an ex-demo Advance in Platinum White Pearl with just 1000 miles on the clock, paid £27,350. Includes f&r mats, 5 year service plan, 5 year warranty and roadside assistance. I forgot to check the wheel size when I viewed, hoping for 17”.🤞🏻
2021 SEAT Mii electric Tornado Red 09/21 - 11/22 & 04/23 to ??
2017 Honda Civic 1.5L VTEC Turbo Prestige Auto Orchid White Pearl 12/22 to ??
2022 Citroën Ami Pop 11/22 - 04/23
2020 Honda e Advance Platinum White Pearl on 17s 12/20 - 12/22
Trykpaa

Post by Trykpaa »

Wait a year or 5. The longer the less money you need to spend. If saving a few pennies is so important a Honda E I probably the least sensible choice at the moment.

If you ever need to go 100+km range is a topic so 16s may be a benefit, but you can always buy another set of wheels so get the one you like.
omara500

Post by omara500 »

Trykpaa wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:56 am Wait a year or 5. The longer the less money you need to spend. If saving a few pennies is so important a Honda E I probably the least sensible choice at the moment.

If you ever need to go 100+km range is a topic so 16s may be a benefit, but you can always buy another set of wheels so get the one you like.

If you’re that fussed about saving money then buying any new or newish car especially an EV is as far from being financially astute as you can be.

But the heart wants what the hearts wants aye.
ChesterUK

Post by ChesterUK »

Knocker wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:41 pmIs there anyone out there who has bought an advance with 16 inch rims and what are your thoughts please??
Yes, the wife decided to go with 16" wheels. Having driven the dealer's demo car with 17's, it definitely handles better as you would expect, PS4 tyres and wider rubber. But I haven't back-to-back driven the cars so this is from memory, but I do believe the car on 16" wheels feels quite 'soft' in terms of feedback and tiny bumps, stones and things, the increased sidewalls absorbing high-frequency road defects a bit better. Tyre roar, hmm, I don't think there's much difference at all, but the only way to figure that one out for sure is an SPL meter at identical speeds on an identical piece of tarmac on the same day.

Is the car as much fun to drive on 16" wheels? No, but my wife doesn't push hard into the corners under braking, apex, and sprint out every single time either, so for her in fairness, I don't think she'd notice the difference.
Isow

Post by Isow »

When I was ordering our E back in August, the dealer had only one demo and that had 17”
wheels.
Obviously it was impossible to do a back to back comparison.
The Michelin tyres have a good reputation and I haven’t been disappointed.
Knocker

Post by Knocker »

Thx guys really helpful, got my baby coming Tuesday....can't wait😛

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post