Dead Honda e

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
hurricaneh5

Post by hurricaneh5 »

Marcin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:55 pm Samochody elektryczne wymagają więcej troski , lepszych warunków (garażu),więcej wiedzy technicznej klienta,niż zwykły samochód spalinowy.To potrwa kilka lat napewno.Są to problemy typowe wieku dziecięcego.Dotyczy Hondy E i ogólnie wszystkich elektryków.Są pionieży tacy jak my .Musimy liczyć się z takimi małymi problemami.Zazwyczaj są to pierdoły do szybkiego załatwienia.Jak dla mnie to nie stanowi problemu,choć rozładowana bateria,była zaskoczeniem
W moim przypadku ,była to ładowarka zamiennik,co po naładowaniu 100% Ev ,cały czas pobierała prąd z 12v bateri.Teraz to wiemi nie mam problemu.Zalecam kupić monitor bateri kilka € i szybko znajdziecie swój problem.Miałem kilkanaście aut w swoim życiu.Honda E jest na 1 miejscu,przypomina najbardziej Crx,który był pierwszą miłością i mam go do tej pory :)
Well said that man 👍🏻

rc203

Post by rc203 »

@EEEE how have you got one since you did the 12v battery upgrade? Still holding charge well? I’m considering going for a 55Ah EFB Endurolune battery. I’ve just picked up a 2021 E and my 12v seems to be sitting around 12.2v with no load, think it might need replacing.
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I've had 0 problems since fitting the larger 65ah yuasa battery. Max voltage is over 13v (the car will not charge the 12v and bring this down during use) and the lowest after 2 weeks of sitting idle whilst on holiday (not plugged into the mains) was 12.41v so the car wasn't flat and I could get into it (which was a surprise!).

The larger battery does not fit properly into the battery tray, and the bracket does not fit either, but these are small prices to pay for a little assurance.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
rc203

Post by rc203 »

Great stuff, thanks. Any additional routine 12v battery charging by yourself or just normal use (driving and HV charging).
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I have never performed additional 12v charging with the new battery (only when the car was flat on the old OEM Panasonic battery). I drive the car 5 times a week (2x 30minute commute + small lunch time excursions).

I was pleasantly surprised that after my 2 week holiday, the new battery wasn't flat! it was low, but the car was useable. Lock+unlock on the fob made the car wake up and do 1hour of charging. I suspect this might not happen when the battery is too flat / defective. To me, everything seems working properly.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post