Dead Honda e

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
HondaNoMore

Post by HondaNoMore »

I would agree if you have had no problems it's not worth the money. Consider yourself lucky given how few Es that Honda has managed to sell ( they only made them for three years) and the number of owners with similar problems.

That's before you get to windows opening and closing on their own, door handles that don't retract and being able to push the black front section between the headlights in and out with your finger.
Or that it appears EVs are optimum for range at about 20 degrees which here is regarded as a heatwave. Over the last week with day temperature not above zero we are seeing a real mile range from 99% EV battery of about 35miles. Whether it can be described as a car within the normal meaning of the word I am beginning to wonder...

HondaNoMore

Post by HondaNoMore »

Oh yes and EV charge hatch froze shut this evening at only -1. Car is not suited to Scotland in winter. Turning into a very expensive garden ornament. Would have been better with a Gnome fishing...
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

HondaNoMore wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:31 pm Oh yes and EV charge hatch froze shut this evening at only -1. Car is not suited to Scotland in winter. Turning into a very expensive garden ornament. Would have been better with a Gnome fishing...
Why don't you sell it?
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
HondaNoMore

Post by HondaNoMore »

Have you seen how much they go for now?
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

HondaNoMore wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:58 pm Have you seen how much they go for now?
Here at least they go for 27 to 30k.

But If i didn't like the car as much as you don't like it no amount of depreciation would make me keep it :)
Honda E advance [Modern Steel Metallic] 8-) [DELIVERED JULY 2020] - 85 000Kms + ✌️🎂
HondaNoMore

Post by HondaNoMore »

I don't know why I should take the hit for a badly engineered car.

Ok if you buy a £4000 nine year old car. Not if it is a year old with a few thousand miles on the clock, £25K and this forum is clogged with a lot of owners with similar comments
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

HondaNoMore wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:14 pm I don't know why I should take the hit for a badly engineered car.

Ok if you buy a £4000 nine year old car. Not if it is a year old with a few thousand miles on the clock, £25K and this forum is clogged with a lot of owners with similar comments
I wouldn't expect the forum to be clogged with comments saying its great given that most people don't even go to forums unless they have issues.. so the point makes itself.
Marcin

Post by Marcin »

Samochody elektryczne wymagają więcej troski , lepszych warunków (garażu),więcej wiedzy technicznej klienta,niż zwykły samochód spalinowy.To potrwa kilka lat napewno.Są to problemy typowe wieku dziecięcego.Dotyczy Hondy E i ogólnie wszystkich elektryków.Są pionieży tacy jak my .Musimy liczyć się z takimi małymi problemami.Zazwyczaj są to pierdoły do szybkiego załatwienia.Jak dla mnie to nie stanowi problemu,choć rozładowana bateria,była zaskoczeniem
W moim przypadku ,była to ładowarka zamiennik,co po naładowaniu 100% Ev ,cały czas pobierała prąd z 12v bateri.Teraz to wiemi nie mam problemu.Zalecam kupić monitor bateri kilka € i szybko znajdziecie swój problem.Miałem kilkanaście aut w swoim życiu.Honda E jest na 1 miejscu,przypomina najbardziej Crx,który był pierwszą miłością i mam go do tej pory :)
Marcin Sapała
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Translation:
Electric cars require more care, better conditions (garage), more technical knowledge of the customer than an ordinary combustion car. It will take several years for sure. These are typical childhood problems. This applies to Honda E and all electric cars in general. There are pioneers like us. We have to take into account such small problems. Usually, these are crap that can be solved quickly. For me, it's not a problem, although the discharged battery was a surprise
In my case, it was a replacement charger which, after charging 100% EV, was still drawing power from the 12v battery. Now I know that, I have no problem. I recommend buying a battery monitor for a few € and you will quickly find your problem. I have had a dozen or so cars in my life. Honda E is in 1st place, it most resembles the Crx, which was my first love and I still have it :)

Agree - its annoying the car suffers from annoying problems, but it has lots of good points so overall its not so bad that it needs to be got rid of. That said I took my prelude out for a blast unexpectedly earlier in the week and part of me missed gear shifts and high rpm!
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
FDAD

Post by FDAD »

Marcin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:55 pm Samochody elektryczne wymagają więcej troski , lepszych warunków (garażu),więcej wiedzy technicznej klienta,niż zwykły samochód spalinowy.To potrwa kilka lat napewno.Są to problemy typowe wieku dziecięcego.Dotyczy Hondy E i ogólnie wszystkich elektryków.Są pionieży tacy jak my .Musimy liczyć się z takimi małymi problemami.Zazwyczaj są to pierdoły do szybkiego załatwienia.Jak dla mnie to nie stanowi problemu,choć rozładowana bateria,była zaskoczeniem
W moim przypadku ,była to ładowarka zamiennik,co po naładowaniu 100% Ev ,cały czas pobierała prąd z 12v bateri.Teraz to wiemi nie mam problemu.Zalecam kupić monitor bateri kilka € i szybko znajdziecie swój problem.Miałem kilkanaście aut w swoim życiu.Honda E jest na 1 miejscu,przypomina najbardziej Crx,który był pierwszą miłością i mam go do tej pory :)
Only now is VW returning to physical buttons after the fiasco the infotainment was with the ID3/ID4...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post