Android Auto Wireless

Faults and Technical chat for the Honda E
YoshiJP

Post by YoshiJP »

I'm in Japan and use a Sharp phone with Android 13. My phone connects to Wireless Android Auto. When I turn off my car and turned on back, my phone sometimes connects automatically and sometimes doesn't connects again. Once the phone stopped connecting, I have a very hard time connecting again wirelessly.

Verone

Post by Verone »

YoshiJP wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:07 am I'm in Japan and use a Sharp phone with Android 13. My phone connects to Wireless Android Auto. When I turn off my car and turned on back, my phone sometimes connects automatically and sometimes doesn't connects again. Once the phone stopped connecting, I have a very hard time connecting again wirelessly.
I have exactly the same issue. Based in Iceland. Pretty much brand new phone running Android 13 - I ended up just switching it off and going back to wired Android Auto because it kept disconnecting, or refusing to connect when I got into the car.

It's a shame, I'd love having it wireless, but wired works flawlessly!
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
YoshiJP

Post by YoshiJP »

Verone wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:52 pm
YoshiJP wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:07 am I'm in Japan and use a Sharp phone with Android 13. My phone connects to Wireless Android Auto. When I turn off my car and turned on back, my phone sometimes connects automatically and sometimes doesn't connects again. Once the phone stopped connecting, I have a very hard time connecting again wirelessly.
I have exactly the same issue. Based in Iceland. Pretty much brand new phone running Android 13 - I ended up just switching it off and going back to wired Android Auto because it kept disconnecting, or refusing to connect when I got into the car.

It's a shame, I'd love having it wireless, but wired works flawlessly!
Connecting an Android Ai box such as Picasou2 permanently is the best solution for the using Honda E monitor seamlessly. As far as I found. I can do, 1. riding on and the car start, 2. immediately you can start driving 3. Music starts playing automatically. 3. GPS also starts. No deactivation of driving error is needed.
Still not perfect, though.

You cannot watch movies or Youtube and Google Maps at the same time, but you can listen to music and google maps at the same time. Or your passenger can watch a movie or youtube and You can use native HONDA GPS on another screen.

Anyway, you should forget about using a cellphone as an Android Auto. "wired connection" is very annoying.

This is my post:
viewtopic.php?p=14796#p14796
ZeroEmissionRequiem

Post by ZeroEmissionRequiem »

I have a 2020 Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra (Chinese market only) running modified EU-specific version of MIUI 14, so hardly an ideal device when it comes to compatibility...however, generally speaking Android Auto does work wirelessly without issues.
Sometimes it stops working, and typically I can get it working again by going to Bluetooth settings and (re-)ticking the "Android Auto" box:

No idea why it gets disabled sometimes. However, sometimes AA has stopped working and that box has also disappeared, only to re-appear later.
2022 e Advance
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

Thanks for the tip. I'm running the Xiaomi 11 ultra and it also likes to disconnect of its own accord, or just refuse to connect at times. Next time it plays up, I shall try your suggestion.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Verone

Post by Verone »

So my e has just been left in the garage for 17 days while I went on vacation.

Before I went on vacation, no dice, wireless AA would not work, even when enabled in the diagnostics menu.

Came back, got in the car, music started playing and scared the living shit out of me, a second later, android auto opened on the dash, fully working, no issues. It's been like this all day, with no problems, no connectivity issues after several drives to various places.

I'm at a loss :lol:
Icelandic Advance Limited Edition in Premium Crystal Red on 17" rims
Registered May 2023
Home Type 2 Charging & Free Work Type 2 Charging! Woo!
ODO - 8750km
Plugi

Post by Plugi »

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro running Android 12 works with wireless Android Auto, just had to enable the wireless/USB option in the hidden menu and pair bluetooth. Even autoconnects when entering the car!
londiniumperson

Post by londiniumperson »

I've recently switched back to Android from an iPhone & as I've been used to wireless Apple CarPlay, I decided to implement the hidden wireless Android Auto menu.

I'm currently using a Google Pixel 8 and it's very temperamental connecting to the car wirelessly, what have others experience of wireless AA been like?

If this continues to be an issue, then I'll look at fitting a wireless AA adapter in the car.
2020 Advance in Crystal Black Pearl on 17's - 08/2020-Current
2015 VW Tiguan (Pure White) - 04/2018-Current
1991 Honda Beat PP1 (Festival Red) - 11/2022-Current
EEEE

Post by EEEE »

I'd say mine has been better for a while now (think it was the last major AA update). I use android with the wireless rather than wired.

There are 2 issues mainly.

Firstly, the connection when working may disconnect, and then reconnect 5 or 10 seconds later. It's infrequent but 99% of the time is always reconnects with no driver interaction required. It always seems to happen when near a lot of other cars, normally always when I'm waiting at traffic lights, but not exclusively.

The second issue is more annoying. The android auto will just not connect at first try. I believe the issue is on the phone side. The Xiaomi brand of smart phone will hide the android auto app. It's installed, but there is no icon for it. It cannot be launched easily. If I use the app preview screen to see all my inactive but open apps, I can close all of them and clear processes held in ram with a single click of an x icon. This kills Android Auto for me. I'm pretty sure it kills it for the rest of the day. I now manually swipe away my inactive apps indicidually, the ram clear doesn't take place, and AA tends to run most times. I get in the car.

I also splashed out on a pricey pioneer head unit for the prelude, supposed to do wireless, but I have never got it to work with the Xiaomi mi 11 ultra. Wired is fine.

Wired is always fine in all 3 cars.
'21 e Advance - Charge Yellow - E1702RR alloys
'17 Civic Sport CVT
'00 Prelude 2.2VTi
Sulley

Post by Sulley »

It wasn't working well for me with a Pixel 8 Pro so I purchased an 'AAWireless 2024' dongle which has been great.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post